SOAK: Booking multiple staterooms across two sailings

MonsterJoe

Posted (edited)

Hey there - Just over two weeks until we sail!

While we wait - I have a question.

I am going to book our next two cruises while we are on board to maximize our benefits/points.

In April, I am going to book a shorty for us, my in-laws (50th wedding anniversary) and my daughter plus her bf.  So three staterooms all together.

Then in August, one stateroom on WA.

I am paying for all of them and I want to make sure I get all the points - is there any special way I have to do this?  I assume I can book them all at the same time - as long as I add my voyager number and pay with my card, will the ensure that I get all the points?

What specific information do I need for the people in the other rooms at this point?  Just their names and birthdates?

I might hit Diamond on this upcoming cruise, is there any way to make sure my wife will get some of these points after that fact so she can catch up?  We realize we'll both get the benefits, but still.

Thanks!

Edited by MonsterJoe

Posted (edited)

If you're not named on a cabin (i.e. if you aren't staying in that cabin), you won't get Voyagers Club points or and the passengers in those cabins won't get your perks.

Edited by peder
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, peder said:

If you're not named on a cabin (i.e. if you aren't staying in that cabin), you won't get Voyagers Club points or and the passengers in those cabins won't get your perks.

Thanks - I'm not concerned about the rest of my family not getting my perks - I meant that both my wife and I would enjoy the diamond benefits by staying in the same room -  but bunmer about not earning the points.

I suppose it makes sense that I couldn't funnel bookings through me for points.

Edited by MonsterJoe

1 hour ago, oceans.calling said:

Your wife will get the same diamond benefits. We took our grands and because they were in the same cabin, they were able to eat free in Butcher’s Cut as non Diamond members. 

Technically that’s not allowed. Some one did you a favor.