NCL's Hawaii 7 day - Would you Recommend it...?

2 hours ago, fresh35 said:

Personally, I would advise against reading while driving. Or even in the passenger seat - easy way to get car sick.

I thought you were kidding at first.  I read the books at home while planning my itinerary NOT while driving!  

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 1:11 PM, Ellis1138 said:

We are just curious -

"On Maui, I chose a Mom n Pop rental place that we could walk to and had its own gated parking lot where we had 24 hour access. They also loaned us a cooler, boogie board, pool noodle and other stuff free of charge. Gas is expensive on Hawaii, so we got a Toyota Prius. We weren't going anywhere we'd need a Jeep for. That was Bio Beetle and it was a 21 minute walk from the port, mostly because you have to go through this long fenced in area through the port. When we dropped off the car, the owner drove us right to the ship. The walk is a bit industrial but not scary."

We thought we pretty much knew the rental places there, but you have us on this one.  Please tell us the name of the place.  Mahalo!

9 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

We thought we pretty much knew the rental places there, but you have us on this one.  Please tell us the name of the place.  Mahalo!

It's Bio-Beetle/Maui ECO Rental cars at 75 Amala Pl, Kahului, HI 96732

It's located just past a recycling center, and the walk is not pretty, but it wasn't dangerous. I have mobility issues and walk with a cane, but was able to make the full walk from the gangplank to the car lot in 21 minutes.

When we arrived, my husband got worried, declaring that it looked sketchy, but Shaun (the owner) was very nice and the cars were in very good condition. 

He's more expensive than the Enterprise would have been, but I liked being able to have a parking spot for the Maui overnight versus risking the shopping center or walking a little bit more and parking at the Maui Seaside Hotel for $25. We probably could have done a 1 day/1day rental but wanted our options open for sunset on Haleakala and early early morning at Makena Beach.

There's another car rental place in Kahului that comes with an overnight parking spot, called White Glove Rentals, but I didn't use them, so don't know the specifics.

Thank you to all the members for keeping this post going and for all the great information.  Car rentals definitely make economic sense for larger groups of people, but since it's just my daughter and I, I'm really going to take a hard look at the NCL and non-NCL excursions.  This trip sounds like such a unique type of cruise... not that I have a of experience, but a cruise where the ship is not the focus sounds very interesting.  Thank you again for all the information and tips!!

• Like 1