How many people are "allowed" per 30 minute check in block?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, chiguypaul said:

Just curious if anyone knows approximately how many passengers are slotted for each 30 minute time slot check in for the early times - say the first two hours. 

Take ship capacity and divide by number of slots.

It really doesn't matter as thee check in times are not enforced

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Except the few places that they are.  Recently they were enforcing the time in South Hampton.  Folks sitting and waiting for their time slot, as those coming in after them with earlier slots were allowed through the boarding process.    A variety of terminal staff make for different procedures for each place and even each sailing. 

M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Except the few places that they are.  Recently they were enforcing the time in South Hampton.  Folks sitting and waiting for their time slot, as those coming in after them with earlier slots were allowed through the boarding process.    A variety of terminal staff make for different procedures for each place and even each sailing. 

M

Sailed out of Southhampton 2 weeks ago and they were not enforcing it

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s not true about checking times not enforced near the beginning of the morning. I had a sailing a couple months ago where they had people who were in the second entrance group waiting until their designated time.

And I also doubt that the math is as simple as dividing total passengers by how many slots. I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, chiguypaul said:

That’s not true about checking times not enforced near the beginning of the morning. I had a sailing a couple months ago where they had people who were in the second entrance group waiting until their designated time.

And I also doubt that the math is as simple as dividing total passengers by how many slots. I could be wrong.

t's been true for me and also when they have held people back when they opened boarding it was only for 10 minutes or so until the designated times line cleared and then they went to the next time.  I have yet to see ayine held until their actual time...just delayed for a bit but no more than 15 to 20 minutes.  That seems to be pretty common with the vast majority of comments on this but of course there are always exceptions

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

t's been true for me and also when they have held people back when they opened boarding it was only for 10 minutes or so until the designated times line cleared and then they went to the next time.  I have yet to see ayine held until their actual time...just delayed for a bit but no more than 15 to 20 minutes.  That seems to be pretty common with the vast majority of comments on this but of course there are always exceptions

That makes sense. If there's no one from the first group coming through then why block people from entering...

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sailed out of Southhampton 2 weeks ago and they were not enforcing it

What a difference a few weeks makes.  We were B2B in June and left on turnaround day for a few hours to see the Titanic Exhibit at the Museum.  Upon our return, the person working the door wanted to see our set sail pass to determine if we were allowed to board at that time.  Lots of folks were sitting around waiting for their time.  Showed our "in Transit" cards and were moved forward to re-board.    Quite frankly I was surprised they were enforcing check in times. 

BTW - B2B Norwegian Fjords were simply beautiful!

M

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

What a difference a few weeks makes.  We were B2B in June and left on turnaround day for a few hours to see the Titanic Exhibit at the Museum.  Upon our return, the person working the door wanted to see our set sail pass to determine if we were allowed to board at that time.  Lots of folks were sitting around waiting for their time.  Showed our "in Transit" cards and were moved forward to re-board.    Quite frankly I was surprised they were enforcing check in times. 

BTW - B2B Norwegian Fjords were simply beautiful!

M

One of our top 3 cruises.  We lucked out.  The day before they were calling for rain everyday in all of our ports and somehow the day before it cleared up at every port.  

• Like 2