Platinum/Elite Lounge

Just now, Torfamm said:

That makes the choice of an afternoon happy hour seem even stranger. You’re right, many would still be on excursions for sure

Yes, the timing seemed odd but given they hosted it in the Eatery rather than a lounge it was a quieter time and space available.  

On 8/5/2024 at 3:06 PM, arizonaperson said:

@Oxo well I guess your friends got a surprise. Not many cruise lines have free drinks. It’s usually pay as you go or some sort of drink package or yes Royal Caribbean has so many drinks per day “ free” if you’re at one of the high status levels. But oh well, I guess your friends enjoyed themselves .

I guess your friends didn’t read what was included in their cruise fare. Was this there first cruise ever?

I cruise Celebrity & RCI also. They have free drinks!

Celebrity from 5 to 7pm unlimited.

RCI Diamond 4 per day anytime.

RCI Diamond+ 5 per day anytime.

I am Elite on Princess. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 3:06 PM, arizonaperson said:

@Oxo well I guess your friends got a surprise. Not many cruise lines have free drinks. It’s usually pay as you go or some sort of drink package or yes Royal Caribbean has so many drinks per day “ free” if you’re at one of the high status levels. But oh well, I guess your friends enjoyed themselves .

I guess your friends didn’t read what was included in their cruise fare. Was this there first cruise ever?

These were seasoned Princess Cruisers Elite. Funny part was we told them the drinks were not free. They didn't believe us until days later when they saw their bill. No, they did not enjoy themselves after they saw their bill. From that point on they did not have a drink. 

Sometimes it pays to listen to others. SMH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2024 at 7:14 AM, strobellayjam said:

It varies from ship to ship but presently on the Sun, the lounge is from 3:30-5:00 pm in the Eatery ( a portion of the buffet ). No true lounge nor live music as we tend to have on the other ships. 

This seems like a sign that the PES lounge is on its way out. People won't go to it in the buffet, so it will be eliminated based upon lack of use. 😡

39 minutes ago, Teechur said:

This seems like a sign that the PES lounge is on its way out. People won't go to it in the buffet, so it will be eliminated based upon lack of use. 😡

Not sure where you get there   Over 8 cruises in the last 3 years we have never seen this   The lounge has always been in a lounge. This is on both Grand and Royal class ships

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Not sure where you get there   Over 8 cruises in the last 3 years we have never seen this   The lounge has always been in a lounge. This is on both Grand and Royal class ships

The person I quoted said the lounge on the Sun Princess was in the Eatery.

5 minutes ago, Teechur said:

Thank goodness I have no urge to sail on that ship 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Teechur said:

Thats correct. @memoak, the Platinum Elite “lounge”  on the Sun Princess was in the back section of the Eatery and not in a dedicated lounge itself. You simply walk straight through to there. It’s not ideal.