Honduras Visa Requirements UK Citizens

Cheller1973

13 hours ago, Izzziee said:

The U.K. announced that Hondurans would need a visa to enter the U.K. on Wednesday 19th July.(just found it on the gov website)
The changes for U.K. citizens entering Honduras is thought to be a reaction to this, so just a few weeks ago.

I'm very surprised by that date, as it was in the pre-election purdah period.  The norm is for no change in any policy and no announcements over that period.  Odd!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fruitmachine said:

I'm very surprised by that date, as it was in the pre-election purdah period.  The norm is for no change in any policy and no announcements over that period.  Odd!

Hmm you have me wondering if it was 2023 not this year, sorry for the mis information.

Edit

Yes just rechecked it seems it was 2023

Edited by Izzziee
  • Like 1

I’ve had an email from the embassy today, responding to my query as to whether a visa is required for cruise passengers on day trips:

”Regarding your enquiry so far all British passport holders require a visa without exceptions”. 

the ‘so far’ may be a hint at change in the future, but not looking good. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Suzy T said:

I’ve had an email from the embassy today, responding to my query as to whether a visa is required for cruise passengers on day trips:

”Regarding your enquiry so far all British passport holders require a visa without exceptions”. 

the ‘so far’ may be a hint at change in the future, but not looking good. 

Fingers crossed - we may have more positive news when cruise ships visit after the 15th.

On 8/5/2024 at 1:04 PM, JohnPangbourne said:

Hi Emma

We're boarding Wonder of the Seas on Sunday 11 Aug and are due in Roatan in the 15th Aug.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi @JohnPangbourne Did you manage to get onboard today?

I’ve seen a few Facebook posts that said UK guests couldn’t board but later on that position has softened and now they can, I’m waiting on someone getting something in writing.

3 RC ships are arriving from the 15th - 20th I’ve not heard of anyone being denied boarding so far. 

But it’s a worry because potentially you can’t sail without a visa but actually can’t get a visa and you wouldn’t be entitled to insurance as it’s not a covered item. 

so fingers crossed 🤞 

Just an update if this helps. I have had 3 calls with RCI also recorded them. They all said I can board the ship my cruise on ICON sets sail on 17th August. If Honduras requires a visa for UK travellers on that day then we cannot disembark. The main point is we will not be denied going on the ship we just cannot go to Honduras. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rangers1982 said:

I’ve seen a few Facebook posts that said UK guests couldn’t board but later on that position has softened and now they can, I’m waiting on someone getting something in writing.

3 RC ships are arriving from the 15th - 20th I’ve not heard of anyone being denied boarding so far. 

But it’s a worry because potentially you can’t sail without a visa but actually can’t get a visa and you wouldn’t be entitled to insurance as it’s not a covered item. 

so fingers crossed 🤞 

I sail Saturday. I’ve not heard anything back from last three emails from embassy in London. I got a message from Honduran immigration call center telling me to contact the regional embassy today. It’s ruined my holiday pretty much with worry, even if we board now. 

2 minutes ago, David1828 said:

Just an update if this helps. I have had 3 calls with RCI also recorded them. They all said I can board the ship my cruise on ICON sets sail on 17th August. If Honduras requires a visa for UK travellers on that day then we cannot disembark. The main point is we will not be denied going on the ship we just cannot go to Honduras. 

Just now, Emma101010 said:

I sail Saturday. I’ve not heard anything back from last three emails from embassy in London. I got a message from Honduran immigration call center telling me to contact the regional embassy today. It’s ruined my holiday pretty much with worry, even if we board now. 

thank David. Did you call USA number? I’m in USA now was going to call the local number today. Will let everyone know what happens. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Emma101010 said:

Hi Emma 

I called 2 RCI in USA and 1 on UK number they all said the same. 
So right now I feel confident we can board but no idea if we can go to Roatan but this is minor as long as we can board. 👍

2 minutes ago, Emma101010 said:

thank David. Did you call USA number? I’m in USA now was going to call the local number today. Will let everyone know what happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being allowed to board but not get off would be a fair result amidst this disorder from the embassy.  Having never been we're really hoping to get off but failing that a holiday will be a positive outcome 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 2:32 PM, c-leg5 said:

There are many British expats in different countries that would benefit from this information that will not be monitoring the UK cruisers site. 

I was subscribed to the original thread, before it was merged, and so found this by default and therefore able to subscribe.

Obviously you cannot reach all posters but cruisers are likely to check the forums for their destinations so the Roatan port of call forum would seem to be an appropriate place to share any final decision.

That is where I went looking for info, also!

There are cruisers reporting, in the last few minutes, to have gotten a quick response from Royal's social media page today saying that cruisers will be exempt.  Maybe try messaging them on a social media account and see if you can get an updated answer.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

There are cruisers reporting, in the last few minutes, to have gotten a quick response from Royal's social media page today saying that cruisers will be exempt.  Maybe try messaging them on a social media account and see if you can get an updated answer.

Thanks MandyMoo - do you know where? I’ve been on with Royal Caribbean for 3 x transfers and still no one can help. Each transfer has been 20+ mins. Another lovely lady again couldn’t help! Now I’m being told to try uk number but I can only do that tomorrow morning now. 

Edited by Emma101010

Just now, Emma101010 said:

Thanks MandyMoo - do you know where? X? I’ve been on with Royal Caribbean for 3 x transfers and still no one can help. Each transfer has been 20+ mins. Another lovely lady again couldn’t help! Now I’m being told to try uk number but I can only do that tomorrow morning now. 

I believe it was on the other site, not the I-G site, but the other.  I hate to be cryptic but any mention of these other social media platforms and you get flagged and suspended...

2 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

I believe it was on the other site, not the I-G site, but the other.  I hate to be cryptic but any mention of these other social media platforms and you get flagged and suspended...

Oh no I didn’t know 😢 

32 minutes ago, Emma101010 said:

Thanks MandyMoo - do you know where? I’ve been on with Royal Caribbean for 3 x transfers and still no one can help. Each transfer has been 20+ mins. Another lovely lady again couldn’t help! Now I’m being told to try uk number but I can only do that tomorrow morning now. 

I’m not sure how to share pictures on here but a couple of people have shared responses from RC saying it will be fine. 

Here is what was shared on Facebook so things are looking better and no one was denied boarding for the 3 ships that we arrive in Honduras after the 15th that are already at sea. (Not that I have heard anyway) 

IMG_4100.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Al, just like David, I’ve now managed to also talk to someone in UK RCI who told me that they’ve now been having “an unprecedented number of calls on this”. Thank goodness people started to notice. That other person’s post on the other site seemed to get a lot of cruisers attention. 

RCI assured me we’ll be allowed to sail from Miami on Saturday. He said that if we were only in transit we’d be exempt from the visa requirement. The lovely man seemed to think we would be allowed off in Roatan as we’d ”be there for less than one day”. This is exactly what the Miami Honduran embassy told me but couldn’t confirm in writing yet. Let’s hope this is sorted now.

Going to try now to relax and enjoy holiday. Good luck everyone. 

• Like 1