Balmoral to arctic - how cold?

I really want to see the northern lights and there is still s pace on Balmoral for the Christmas cruise (no dont all rush, I havent booked yet!).  We ve been on Balmoral several times but always to warm destinations.  DH is not at all convinced that this is a good idea.  And my worry is not about the cold outside (I know it will be), but will the ship, which is not exactly modern, be warm enough.  will our cabin be warm if its -15c outside? 

could others who have been on Balmoral in cold conditions please comment? thanks. or point me to previous topics, I did have a quick search but did not find anything that helped. 

2 minutes ago, sleepingcat said:

I really want to see the northern lights and there is still s pace on Balmoral for the Christmas cruise (no dont all rush, I havent booked yet!).  We ve been on Balmoral several times but always to warm destinations.  DH is not at all convinced that this is a good idea.  And my worry is not about the cold outside (I know it will be), but will the ship, which is not exactly modern, be warm enough.  will our cabin be warm if its -15c outside? 

could others who have been on Balmoral in cold conditions please comment? thanks. or point me to previous topics, I did have a quick search but did not find anything that helped. 

The ship will be a tad cooler than normal, but still very much normal room temperature. Just take a jumper cardigan or a wrap, rather than just shorts and T shirts, which is all you would need on warmer weather cruises.  A/C can vary around the ship on all cruises though, with some parts of the ship being a bit warmer than others, largely depending on the location of the A/C vents.

Regards how cold outside, particularly at night, well when we went one March it was -27C when on the ship's night excursion to see the northern lights.  So you do need to be kitted out properly for when going ashore.  You should be able to search previous posts for details here and elsewhere.  Don't forget glove liners if you want to hold photographic equipment at night.