Mumbai embarkation

peck

Not with Celebity but with Viking last May. There is a gate where the taxis drop you off, it's well known and obvious, and at the gate there is security as it's an industrial port. Have  your cruise paperwork ready as it will be checked, along with passport. Then they take you to the cruise terminal area, with luggage which you then drop off at the terminal where further checks are done by the cruise line eg visas. It works quite well if you have the paperwork handy. 

I don't have direct experience but am on a forum for a previous Mumbai-Singapore cruise, to garner information as I'm joining an upcoming cruise in the opposite direction.

I understand embarkation was a bit of a debacle.  Long waits due to disorganised staff and disorganised passengers with the wrong visa type.  All in the fierce heat with inadequate shelter.

I hope your experience is better!

11 hours ago, clairebearinaus said:

I don't have direct experience but am on a forum for a previous Mumbai-Singapore cruise, to garner information as I'm joining an upcoming cruise in the opposite direction.

I understand embarkation was a bit of a debacle.  Long waits due to disorganised staff and disorganised passengers with the wrong visa type.  All in the fierce heat with inadequate shelter.

I hope your experience is better!

The cruise port authorities don't worry about visas as you are already in India. If there was disorganisation it was at the cruise line terminal which is in a building so I don't understand why people were in the sun. We were onboard within a few minutes of arrival to port. 

3 minutes ago, Pushka said:

The cruise port authorities don't worry about visas as you are already in India. If there was disorganisation it was at the cruise line terminal which is in a building so I don't understand why people were in the sun. We were onboard within a few minutes of arrival to port. 

My understanding was that the delays were due to visa issues related to another port on the journey, possibly Sri Lanka but as I said, not my cruise and I'm just repeating what I read written by others. 

Was there last February.  Process was smooth, fast and hot!  At least for us….

Passengers without the correct Sri Lanka visa may remember things differently, we saw quite a few.