MEGA rockstars - What are some of your requests from your rockstar agent?

valandemmy

We've heard horror stories of some demanding MRS, including wanting specific pieces of gym equipment moved to their suite, and for many years I used to work around all sorts of rock stars as backstage security, so the first thing I did when I met our agent, was to assure her that we were easy-going, and were not going to be demand or expect anything crazy. This put her at ease right away. Kindness and respect go a looong way.

Instead of giving her a list, we had a nice conversation about what we liked, and how our days normally go, and she picked-up on everything. An extra set of bath towels were brought in, as  were extra cans of Coke, and a large bucket of ice was replenished twice daily for drinks.

She also delivered my wife's salted caramel latte every morning at 7:30am, and there was always a plate of cookies and a bottle of ice-cold milk waiting for us each night when we returned to our cabin. Our laundry was collected each morning, and returned later that evening.

One special request she took care of was to make sure a special bottle of Champagne we had brought on board with us was already in an ice-bucket next to our table, waiting for us when we arrived for dinner. She also arranged a bridge tour for us, although it's ultimately up to the captain if tours are allowed or not. Our agent knew all of the managers of the dining venues, and they always stopped by to make sure we were happy.....it's as if she was there taking care of us, even when she wasn't. The crew know who the MRS are, and it was a fabulous experience. Again, kindness and respect go a looong way.

• Like 4

Yes, Megas have a shoreside service in advance where they will arrange your ground transportation to the cruise terminal, etc. and can take care of special requests.

Eric and Pam nailed it. They will go out of their way to meet all of your requests, but it will be much better to come  to it as "this is what we like" rather than "what can we get out of this deal and while you are at it, pick out all the green M&Ms."  All the crew in senior positions will know who you are and you should never be wanting for anything. The crew will try to make deliveries to your room and do anything needed while you are out of the room so they don't disturb you.

That said, I have a friend who has been in everything from an insider to a MRS (for husband's 50th) and she will tell you that we are ALL treated very well, regardless of cabin, if we just show a little courtesy to the crewl

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eric&Pam said:

We've heard horror stories of some demanding MRS, including wanting specific pieces of gym equipment moved to their suite, and for many years I used to work around all sorts of rock stars as backstage security, so the first thing I did when I met our agent, was to assure her that we were easy-going, and were not going to be demand or expect anything crazy. This put her at ease right away. Kindness and respect go a looong way.

Kindness and respect go a looong way.

I couldn't imagine asking for something crazy like that.  I was just hoping they would bring lime and mint to the room for mojitos...   I had read elsewhere where someone had asked for lemons/limes and it took 3 days (of a 5 day cruise) to get anything.    

How does the daily laundry service work?  Just bag it up and they take it and bring it back?

2 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Yes, Megas have a shoreside service in advance where they will arrange your ground transportation to the cruise terminal, etc. and can take care of special requests.

Do you know when they should contact us for transportation?   

1 minute ago, valandemmy said:

I couldn't imagine asking for something crazy like that.  I was just hoping they would bring lime and mint to the room for mojitos...   I had read elsewhere where someone had asked for lemons/limes and it took 3 days (of a 5 day cruise) to get anything.    

How does the daily laundry service work?  Just bag it up and they take it and bring it back?

Just say, we like to make mojitos every day, so some limes and fresh mint would be a great thing to have, and you will have lime and mint coming out of your ears! 🤣

Laundry...just bag it up, and write your name and cabin number on it. We'd leave ours near the garbage can by the front door.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, valandemmy said:

Do you know when they should contact us for transportation?   

You can email them at redgloveservice@virginvoyages.com

There's also a number you can call, but I'm not comfortable about posting it here.

I don't remember if it is called "Red Glove" or "White Glove" service.  You can call the regular Sailor Services number and they can provide the special number or transfer you.  There is also an email.

Laundry--bag it and leave it on the bed or by the door.  Just fill out the ticket.