Cruise Line Transfer from Southampton to Heathrow

We are taking a cruise next May.  Celebrity's site is blanked out re cruise line transfers to Heathrow.  Per your experience, when do you think they will post that they are taking reservations for transfers. We have never used a cruise line sponsored transfer. Generally what time does the bus transfer leave the dock and then arrive at the airport.  Do you think we will be able to partake in the cruise line transfer for a 1:55 PM flight to US or will I need to book a private driver?  Thx u.

We have used the transfer a couple 

of times. The coach left by 8 AM and was at Heathrow about 90 minutes later. Traffic can make the trip a bit quicker or slower.

Depending on the airline and time of day, checkin can be very slow at Heathrow. We’ve waited an hour in line to drop cases. I wouldn’t feel comfortable with a flight before 1 PM, or 1230 if no checked bags. (Note that I prefer the low stress option with time to browse the Harrod’s shop in the terminal.)

• Haha 1

We recently did Celebrity's “excursion transfer” to Heathrow. Picked us up at 8 AM at Apex in Southampton and took us to see Windsor Castle and then dropped us off at Heathrow. We did the same thing a number of years ago: took us to Stonehenge and Windsor. If your flight is late, this is an excellent option. Even if you’re staying in London for a few days after the cruise, which we were, it’s a great option. We saw Windsor and then took a taxi from Heathrow to our VRBO in Kensington (area of London). 

16 hours ago, peachquilter said:

We are taking a cruise next May.  Celebrity's site is blanked out re cruise line transfers to Heathrow.  Per your experience, when do you think they will post that they are taking reservations for transfers. We have never used a cruise line sponsored transfer. Generally what time does the bus transfer leave the dock and then arrive at the airport.  Do you think we will be able to partake in the cruise line transfer for a 1:55 PM flight to US or will I need to book a private driver?  Thx u.

I’m in the same boat…so to speak….spoke with Celebrity rep last week about transfer straight to LHR she said there was not one….also suggested to not take the 1:55 flight…so I’m looking at at 3:55 to ATL instead….which is actually a better connecting flight for me…. I’m on the May 10-17th cruise….if you decide on a later flight we might could share a private transfer for 4….i haven’t booked airfare but will probably do so in the next few days…it’s a gamble but I can’t see the price going down

hummingbird3035athotmaildotcom if you are interested

One week ago today, leaving Apex in Southampton, we took the Celebrity bus transfer direct to Heathrow Terminal 3.  Our Virgin Atlantic flight was departing at 1pm.  The bus left the port at 8:15am.  We arrived at Terminal 3 precisely at 9:45am.  This was a Saturday, so the traffic was light.  By 10:15am, a mere 30 min after climbing off the bus, we and our 3 suitcases, were checked in and we were already relaxing in the "Upper Class" lounge of Virgin Atlantic.  True- flying first class gets you through security incredibly faster, it was pretty glorious, I have to say!  But even if we hadn't flown what Virgin calls "Upper Class", based upon the lines - even though they were long - I feel very confident, absolutely, that we'd have had plenty of time to make our 1pm flight.  We got to enjoy the lounge for over 2 hours.  

Last month we did private transfer from South Hampton to LHR. We were picked up at 9am. We were at Windsor by 11am. We did 2 hours in Windsor, then drop off at terminal 5 about 1pm for a 4 pm flight. We were flying 1st class so check in was quick.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

One week ago today, leaving Apex in Southampton, we took the Celebrity bus transfer direct to Heathrow Terminal 3.  Our Virgin Atlantic flight was departing at 1pm.  The bus left the port at 8:15am.  We arrived at Terminal 3 precisely at 9:45am.  This was a Saturday, so the traffic was light.  By 10:15am, a mere 30 min after climbing off the bus, we and our 3 suitcases, were checked in and we were already relaxing in the "Upper Class" lounge of Virgin Atlantic.  True- flying first class gets you through security incredibly faster, it was pretty glorious, I have to say!  But even if we hadn't flown what Virgin calls "Upper Class", based upon the lines - even though they were long - I feel very confident, absolutely, that we'd have had plenty of time to make our 1pm flight.  We got to enjoy the lounge for over 2 hours.  

The Virgin Lounge at Heathrow is a destination in its own right….It has atmosphere which so many lounges have either lost or never had…

However, travelling in the UK is at best an experience and at worst a nightmare…All it needs is a local football match, the boat show or another event to make an easy transfer hard!

17 hours ago, peachquilter said:

OP, as others have said there are usually two options. A direct to Heathrow coach transfer or a via Stonehenge or via Windsor tour. Depending on the time of your flight pick what suits best…

Lots of other private transfer options too, just search…

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Blue Eyes said:

I’m in the same boat…so to speak….spoke with Celebrity rep last week about transfer straight to LHR she said there was not one….also suggested to not take the 1:55 flight…so I’m looking at at 3:55 to ATL instead….which is actually a better connecting flight for me…. I’m on the May 10-17th cruise….if you decide on a later flight we might could share a private transfer for 4….i haven’t booked airfare but will probably do so in the next few days…it’s a gamble but I can’t see the price going down

I'm very surprised that they said there isn't a transfer. I would check back closer to the date of your cruise. I don't know why they would suggest that you not take the 1:55 flight. Even if you had to take a taxi or National Express (coach), you'd be at LHR in plenty of time. 

7 hours ago, Blue Eyes said:

Thx for your input and offer but we cruise the prior week.  M