*LIVE* from the Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Alaska and Glacier Bay August 11-18, 2024

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from BirdTravels! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

BirdTravels was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Join The Bird, *live*, from the beautiful Norwegian Encore as she sails to one of the absolute best cruise destination, Alaska and the majestic Glacier Bay. Our voyage this week is a round-trip Seattle and we will be visiting Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, Victoria. The Encore continues to sail in Alaska until mid-October when she repositions to Germany for a long-awaited dry dock with some major changes to the ship. The Encore will return to Miami mid-December to start her winter season in the Eastern Caribbean.  

The Norwegian Encore is a Breakaway Plus class ship that was delivered to NCL in October 2019 and she made her way to Miami where she was christened by her godmother, Kelly Clarkson. The Encore has an occupancy of 3998 guests and has 80 Haven staterooms, 306 Club Balcony staterooms, 1090 balcony staterooms, 111 Oceanview staterooms, 371 Inside staterooms, and 82 Studio staterooms. These counts will change as additional rooms are added during her upcoming dry dock. 

The Birds were on the Encore for her inaugural voyage in 2019 and NCL’s restart cruise after the painfully long pandemic shutdown, the Great Cruise Comeback, in August 2021. This will be The Bird’s seventh voyage the stunning Norwegian Encore.  

Where are we going this week?

Sun Seattle, Washington Depart 5:00 PM

Mon At Sea

Tue Juneau, Alaska 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM

Wed Skagway, Alaska 7:00 AM – 8:15 PM

Thu Glacier Bay 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM

Fri Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 AM – 1:15 PM

Sat Victoria, Canada 8:00 PM – 11:59 PM

Sun Seattle, Washington Arrive 6:00 AM

image003.jpeg.35e804ebda3c064118f95c8ac7f1eaa3.jpeg

Norwegian Encore in Juneau, Alaska 2023

image001.png

image002.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Excited to follow along! I board the Encore (for the 2nd time to Alaska) on Sept 29. Meeting friends I made on a Canada/NE cruise last year. I think she's a beautiful ship and I can't wait to relax along the waterfront and see what there is to see. Bon Voyage!

16 minutes ago, KansasTexan said:

Excited to follow along! I board the Encore (for the 2nd time to Alaska) on Sept 29. Meeting friends I made on a Canada/NE cruise last year. I think she's a beautiful ship and I can't wait to relax along the waterfront and see what there is to see. Bon Voyage!

If you have the time along the Waterfront, may I suggest seeing The Seattle Aquarium on Pier 59.  Also checkout Argosy Tours located on Pier 55-56.  They offer tours of Elliott Bay and my very favorite: The Ballard Locks-- think mini Panama Canal (the original one).

My very favorite place to eat is Ivar's Acres of Clams at Pier 54.  If you can get a window table, you will be able to watch the Washington State ferry's load and unload cars and walk-on passengers.  Amazing how it all works so smoothly.

Enjoy one of my very favorite cities and your cruise.

• Like 1

We were actually surprised to see porters at the curb helping people with luggage. Seattle is famous for lazy porters who sit at their tables waiting for you to bring your luggage to them. 

IMG_5840.jpeg

IMG_5842.jpeg

• Like 4

Bon Voyage to the Birds,

By now Encore should have a cabin with your name on a door plaque.

Gorgeous flower photos.  Did you buy any for your room?

Will be interested in your take on some of the new senior mgmt team.

I love a Bird live report. I have sailed the Encore 3 times to Alaska (Aug 21, Sep 22, and May 24)  and have always had an excellent time. Enjoy your trip. 

1 hour ago, snorklinbarb said:

Bon Voyage to the Birds,

By now Encore should have a cabin with your name on a door plaque.

No plaque, but the new General Manager, Igor, sent us a chocolate box (made of chocolate), wine, and a fruit basket. 

IMG_6148.jpeg

IMG_6146.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, snorklinbarb said:

Will be interested in your take on some of the new senior mgmt team.

Who is in charge around here? There has been a lot of changes in the senior officers over the past month. The Bird can’t keep track any more.

Igor Futivic is the new GM (stepping up from Sr Food and Beverage Director). Mr Igor used to be the temp GM when Mr Deepak was on vacation. 

IMG_6145.jpeg

IMG_6114.jpeg

IMG_6115.jpeg

IMG_6117.jpeg

IMG_6118.jpeg

IMG_6119.jpeg

IMG_6121.jpeg

IMG_6123.jpeg

IMG_6125.jpeg

IMG_6127.jpeg

IMG_6128.jpeg

IMG_6129.jpeg