Slow service on large ships?

Slugsta

Just off Azura and bar service generally was very poor throughout the ship. 

Brodies was particularly bad and they would often refuse to serve you at the bar which meant you had to wait for one of the very few waiters to get served.

Service around the pools was completely non existent and queues at the bars huge.

Service in the MDR also felt rushed.

The general feeling was that they are massively understaffed in all areas. I've cruised with 3 other lines in the last 12 months and although they will have had the same staffing issues you never really noticed. I think P&O's cost cutting may have gone a little too far.

36 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Just off Azura and bar service generally was very poor throughout the ship. 

Brodies was particularly bad and they would often refuse to serve you at the bar which meant you had to wait for one of the very few waiters to get served.

Service around the pools was completely non existent and queues at the bars huge.

Service in the MDR also felt rushed.

The general feeling was that they are massively understaffed in all areas. I've cruised with 3 other lines in the last 12 months and although they will have had the same staffing issues you never really noticed. I think P&O's cost cutting may have gone a little too far.

All bars on all ships will ask you to place your order with a waiter. I have not seen any understaffing at busy times. I take notice of what is going on around me and will count the number of staff. On Ventura in Jan. In the Metropolis I saw 6 waiters before dinner, second sitting all very aware of customers needing to be served. In the glasshouse again 6 with a further 2 just for food.