What to do

rgbs_2000

We really want to go on a cruise. Problem husband was born in Japan while father was in NAVY birth certificate mother has navy hospital issue and says FPO San Franscisco{not good for proper ID} Sent to Passport office to get a

Consular Report of Birth Abroad -FS-240 or

Certificate of Birth -DS-1350

still have not gotten it not sure what else to try i hope it was the right way to get one for him?? they say 4-8 weeks its been 6 they keep the money i sent eihter way the back to passport office to get passport any other suggestions:confused:

Here's a link to the State Dept. info on how to get a consular report of birth abroad:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_825.html

Don't rely on the folks at the passport office to figure out what you need to do... you need to follow up on this and start asking questions. I'm guessing you'll need some additional documents (my DH was also born in Japan, is a US citizen, and my DD was born in Canada and we are now assembling all the documentation to get her record of birth abroad).

Did your DH ever have a passport? My DH needed one to get back into the U.S. when his parents returned there from Japan, but that might be different because his dad was navy... anyway, an expired passport woukl be useful as documentation in getting the record of birth abroad.

Archived