Star club balcony suites — any difference between MA and MB?

I tried searching, but the search returns almost every post in the NCL category because “ma” appears in many many words, including the word many lol. 

We’re currently booked in a club balcony suite category MB, very far forward on Deck 11. We were thinking of changing to a club balcony suite that’s more mid-ship. All of the mid-ship club balcony suites on Deck 11 are category MA. Same price and so on, but is there any difference between MA and MB besides location?

We haven’t cruised in many years. For a 12-day cruise, we’re thinking we may prefer mid-ship as we may feel less motion as compared with far forward. 

And then there’s another detail. It looks like the available MA cabins are directly below the pool deck and buffet on Deck 12. So we’ll feel less motion of the ship, but will we experience more noise and aromas in a cabin directly below the pool deck or buffet?

We cruised in 1993, 2012 and 2013, all on Royal Caribbean, so we feel like rookies all over again for our 2025 cruise. Thank you for any advice or insight you can give!

@CleveRocks

If you look at the deck plans of the Star, Deck 11 there is this

image.png.a70331e574b5515212d5ff0f6a2fa097.png

If you then look at the deck plan itself it appears that there are only FOUR MB cabins and many MA

image.png.21041f07444f2617ed6bcfbf861909f6.png

I think that 11500 is the only Sailaway Club Balcony.

If you stay with the MB you have then you will be below suites on 12 which is probably preferable to being midships below the pool or Garden Cafe.   I would imagine the MAs below the Deck 12 suites were sold a long time ago.

You may have to choose the known MB, bow and quiet, as against an unknown MA anywhere and possibly not quiet.

Thank you both. Obviously I’d already studied the deck plan. Thank you for confirming that a location directly under the pool deck and Garden Cafe is generally considered to be undesirable; it seemed that way on paper, but I’m happy to know this has been the actual experience of others. 

All of the Sail Away cabins for the Club Balcony Suite category (whether MA or MB) are sold out, so there is no chance of my getting an unknown MA cabin anywhere. If I switch, I would have to choose a specific cabin, there would be nothing unknown whatsoever. 

Looks like we will stay put, but I’d still love to hear any more pointers or tips anyone is kind enough to share.