My Carnival Victory Synopsis 3/19/06

jimc_usa

I am not a great writer (too lazy), but I had to comment on my week on the Carnival Victory. We were a family of 6 adults and a 17 month grandchild.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Bayfront, Miami. the night before the cruise and spent Saturday afternoon at the Bayfront market. The food court was fabulous, every type of ethnic food you could possibly want to choose from. Probably not a great idea going to a shopping mall before a cruise, but what a great change of pace it was.

On Sunday morning we were at the pier to board ship at 10:00 am and we were on the ship literally 30 minutes later. No waiting, no lines!

Our cabin was not ready until 1:00 pm but we knew that when we got on the ship. All of our luggage (except for my son's suitcase) were delivered timely.

He had to eat dinner in the clothes he was wearing(shorts and a T-shirt) not a problem. My DW insisted we all were at the 2 formal nights together, otherwise we didn't care if we never saw the two single grownup son and daughter.

We had 3 cabins on the Main Deck (Deck 2) Aft.

All three cabins were clean and the steward(Devlin) introduced himself immediately. (I tipped him right away, as suggested by these boards and he took care of the entire family all week). My son took advantage of room service every morning at 2 or 3 am (after the disco)? My married son and his DW had room service every morning, when my DW and myself were at breakfast on the Lido deck.

I believe we got our monies worth. The food was wonderful. Each day at lunch there was an International choice, Japanese, Mexican, Indian etc.

besides the wonderful buffet, with super desserts (for lunch!!!)

At dinner each evening there was a choice o 5 or 6 entrees. I (being a pig) always ordered 2 entrees. On the first formal night I had both the lobster and the prime rib. My son(who loves lobster) ordered 3 lobster entrees. My daughter (the fussy eater) had the waitress bringing her meals that were not even on the menu. (like chicken and pasta etc). The waitress (Daniella) worked very hard to satisfy all of us, especially the grandchild, she had hotdog and french fries ready as soon as we walked in the dining room. (His favorite food.) I had coffee waiting for me (my drink) each evening.

The San Juan stop(as mentioned many times) is a complete waste of time. We walked up the hill to the fort only to find it closed at 5:00 pm. Senor Frogs was absolutely full and LOUD! So we went back to the ship (and ate for free!!)

St Martaan is CHEAP. Buy all your goodies there. Cigarettes $9.00 a carton booze $6 -10 a bottle.

St Thomas has become overpriced! but has beautiful beaches.

(Already tired of writing) The shows were very good. Have I seen better? Sure! But for free? The dancers all did other things - like Camp Carnival and the Library duties! The Cuban comedian was pretty bad (I used to do stand up) but people were laughing (those that didn't get out much-I suspect).

The Newly Wed game by the cruise director had funny moments. (You should know I burn easily and do not sun tan, however my DW is absolutely brown)

Any questions fire away.

I agree...10:30 is the earliest i've ever heard of somebody getting on!..We leave this coming weekend on the Victory east.

How many ships were in St. Maarten?...you did not mention it so I assume you docked?

I believe, was 4 and we docked

Archived