Barcelona port to airport.

Merly

On 9/8/2024 at 6:50 PM, catspaw1 said:

Has anyone tried the Cabify app for Spain? I understand that's more regularly used than Uber. 

You may have seen my comment in the Ports of Call forum but...

We too were off Silhouette this past Monday in Barcelona but at about 9am.  Tried to request a ride from Cabify but couldn't find a driver so we switched to Uber (which was showing "longer wait") and got picked up in 15-20mins (aligning with what @Tyler414 mentioned above) at about the same price estimate.  

We did use Cabify from the hotel to the airport and got picked up in about 5-10mins.  The experience was pretty similar and good overall (other than an issue with the driver parking across the street, making us to cross the street, but then tacking on a few cents of wait charges. 😠)

2 hours ago, Milhouse said:

You may have seen my comment in the Ports of Call forum but...

We too were off Silhouette this past Monday in Barcelona but at about 9am.  Tried to request a ride from Cabify but couldn't find a driver so we switched to Uber (which was showing "longer wait") and got picked up in 15-20mins (aligning with what @Tyler414 mentioned above) at about the same price estimate.  

We did use Cabify from the hotel to the airport and got picked up in about 5-10mins.  The experience was pretty similar and good overall (other than an issue with the driver parking across the street, making us to cross the street, but then tacking on a few cents of wait charges. 😠)

Thanks Mihouse. No I didn't see your comments on CC so glad you explained. When I rarely use Uber or Lyft at home I usually see which has the cheaper rate & go with that. What port number did Celebrity come in from- furthest from  Las Ramblas? We are staying at the Cotton house- a marriott property so will ask their advice also. Usually their advice is correct although one marriott in Rome a number of years ago referred us to a restaurant where they got a kickback. So when abroard, I consult the guidebooks or TripAdvisor. 

1 hour ago, catspaw1 said:

What port number did Celebrity come in from- furthest from  Las Ramblas? We are staying at the Cotton house- a marriott property so will ask their advice also.

We disembarked at Terminal B at Moll Adossat.  

This trip we ended up at AC Hotel Barcelona Forum (also a Marriott property) which was about a 20min metro/tram ride into the tourist core.  The Uber ride from the port to the AC Hotel was about 15e.  

On a previous trip, we stayed at the Gran Hotel Havana which seems to be roughly kitty corner to Cotton House.  We really like the Eixample neighbourhood and spent some time re-exploring the area this trip.

We also disembarked Silhouette in Barcelona on Sept 9th.  We were docked at terminal B.  We were staying on for 2 nights, and in no hurry, as we would not be able to check in our hotel before noon anyway.   Rather than walk off, we accepted the assigned departure time which turned out to be group 37/ 9:05 am.   We waited 5-10 minutes at the carousel for our luggage.  Once outside, we found the very long taxi queue, and waited 45 minutes for a taxi, so it was after 10 am before we were in a taxi.  Taxis kept pulling up, there were 3 attendants assigning cabs to keep things moving, but there were many people waiting.  If reading this, and trying to make an early flight, I would make sure to walk off or get an early exit number, and consider pre-arranged transportation.  The was a small lot to the left of the taxi line where Uber, and pre arranged car services picked up passengers.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whitbob said:

Rather than walk off, we accepted the assigned departure time which turned out to be group 37/ 9:05 am.   We waited 5-10 minutes at the carousel for our luggage.  Once outside, we found the very long taxi queue, and waited 45 minutes for a taxi, so it was after 10 am before we were in a taxi.  Taxis kept pulling up, there were 3 attendants assigning cabs to keep things moving, but there were many people waiting.  If reading this, and trying to make an early flight, I would make sure to walk off or get an early exit number, and consider pre-arranged transportation.  The was a small lot to the left of the taxi line where Uber, and pre arranged car services picked up passengers.  

We were in Group 39 and I agree with your observations and recommendations!

TBH, I was kind of surprised how relatively few people were standing in the small lot to the left waiting for an Uber, Cabify, or other car service versus waiting in the taxi queue.  I'm guessing a few people were like you that had time to spare because of check-in times but I know a few folks I chatted with onboard about post cruise plans didn't seem to be aware of the ride hailing apps/services available in Barcelona.