NCL Shuttle Bus in Marseille?

SNMK

I am posting this question here and on the NCL cruise port board.

Is there an NCL bus at the Marseille port that can take me into Marseille?  If so, how and when can I sign up for this bus?

Thank you!

Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2024 at 12:46 AM, SNMK said:

I am posting this question here and on the NCL cruise port board.

Is there an NCL bus at the Marseille port that can take me into Marseille?  If so, how and when can I sign up for this bus?

i checked the replies you received on the NCL board before replying here , but I think you may have gotten a slightly wrong impression of the free bus access and ease of use,therefore just in case that is so, wanted to explain the alternative, which will mean paying, but IMHO worth it, There could be very long lines for the free port bus.  I remember one member mentioning that on their busy port day they estimated around 200 in line. And that bus does not take you into Marseille centre, running instead to a transport hub where you can pick up public transport or walk the rest of the way..

Note that cruiselines very rarely advertise shuttle buses in any port ahead of time as they want passengers to buy shorex instead.  Shuttle buses are usually only advised the previous afternoon or evening, although how NCL do it I do not know.  .It is sometimes on your daily "newspaper", sometimes not, or may be close to the shorex desks.

I have therefore highlighted this past thread for you to read, as it not only gives cruise shuttle info, but could alsobe  helpful info for easy  sightseeing in Marseille.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2974091-marseille-old-town-to-cruise-port/#comment-67441800

There are of course many other past threadsand you could choose which to read from these

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=marseille&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=462

Edited by edinburgher

Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2024 at 12:46 AM, SNMK said:

If so, how and when can I sign up for this bus?

Only a few hours ago this very current thread has been updated with feedback on shuttle buses and IMHO would be worth a look.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2974091-marseille-old-town-to-cruise-port/#comment-67797929

Edited by edinburgher

Yes, NCL does have a shuttle bus from the Marseille port into the city. I took one last year, and it was super convenient. You can usually book it through NCL’s website or just ask at guest services once you’re on the ship. They’ll give you all the details you need.