Vancouver HoHo bus

I thought I read, and now cannot find, there are 2 different Hop on - Hop off bus tours in Vancouver.

Can anyone give some tips on this? Or is there a better way to see the city for non walkers?

A few blocks is ok but more than 2 or 3 is out. 
the HoHo seems like a great way to hit the highlights & get from point A to point B 

thanks 

• Like 1

There are indeed two - links to both Trolley and Westcoast. Peruse the websites, especially the maps, because honestly it's almost as if the new folks (trolley) said 'OK, with zero competition the old HOHO has cut their route ridiculously, doesn't tour Stanley Park at all any more just a stop at basically the same spot you can take a 19 transit bus to! There's a market for folks who want to actually SEE the park I reckon...' and then basically put no effort into stops anywhere else useful beyond the pier!

If you drop the cash for a ticket on both, you'd actually see a lot - but neither route is ideal on its own any more IMO! For folks who can't walk much, I'd say the new Trolley is better because otherwise you simply won't see Stanley Park at all, as the only other in-park tour are the hella-expensive, very short routed, carriages... Taking a regular transit bus to Granville Island though is cheap and easy (the 50 goes from close to the pier to just outside GI, same block as the HOHO stop), so as a combo with a Day Pass the new trolley HOHO is probably a better bet for you.

Whereas active folks who would happily bike or hike around the park and Seawall might find the old big bus WestCoast route more convenient, as it gets you to GI, Chinatown, etc. which the new one doesn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1