Pre cruise hotel with EJ

Sololux

Hi, I note on EJ’s website that they can arrange pre cruise hotels stays.  Does anyone have any comments as to what they provide, how well (or not) organised, any advantages to booking with EJ rather than through a travel agent etc?

As part of a service recovery after shortening our cruise by three days EJ offered us their pre cruise package. We accepted (still to have it) but we aren’t impressed. 

No airport transfer included (that’s ok I know transfers in from the airport and they are easy to set up)

Then the gem a few weeks later, although it’s supposed to be bed and breakfast they’ve only got room only rates at the hotel. The only solution they could propose was to give us OBC (hmm not really useful for our cruising style) to cover breakfast costs. As it happens we aren’t really breakfast people so can work round it but it’s not impressive 

My advice would be you or your agent will be able to set up the equivalent hotels and transfers for less, it will be properly set up and you will have much more control/flexibility as well 

• Like 2

Many thanks Uktog.  Normally we used to arrange it all with the travel agent but as I am planning everything on a solo basis I thought I’d have a bit more security in the sense that everything would be more “secure” if it’s all arranged through EJ.  I must be honest that I would have expected EJ to arrange the taxi/transfer from the airport to the hotel!