Could a Lock It In Mega get placed in something other than a Gorgeous suite?

valandemmy

I am currently booked in a Gorgeous suite.  but wondering what would happen if there was someone with a lock it in rate and no Gorgeous suites were left, if they would get a Posh or Fab room or would someone in a gorgeous suite get a free upgrade and the lock it in get the gorgeous suite?

2 hours ago, valandemmy said:

I am currently booked in a Gorgeous suite.  but wondering what would happen if there was someone with a lock it in rate and no Gorgeous suites were left, if they would get a Posh or Fab room or would someone in a gorgeous suite get a free upgrade and the lock it in get the gorgeous suite?

I'm pretty sure they opt for whichever option makes them the most money.

There is a paid “level uograde” programme run by an external company called “Plusgrade.” Any spare capacity in a particular meta-category is likely to be resolved through that programme. 

The “lock-it-in” rate is a form of “guarantee” where the purchaser locks into any unspecified cabin within that meta-category. Although that is likely to be the lowest room category within that meta-category, it is always possible a higher category of room will be allocated, once that process firms up. 

@valandemmy I am on your sailing. Originally booked a seriously suite and put in a level upgrade bid on gorgeous, posh and fab suite. I had been watching to see if it sold out.  It did not. Today I got a confirmation on my upgrade. I went to do a dummy booking and RS and MRS are all unavailable.  

40 minutes ago, Bearsparents said:

@valandemmy I am on your sailing. Originally booked a seriously suite and put in a level upgrade bid on gorgeous, posh and fab suite. I had been watching to see if it sold out.  It did not. Today I got a confirmation on my upgrade. I went to do a dummy booking and RS and MRS are all unavailable.  

Which suite did you end up getting?

Fab.   I had a feeling they would take as much money as I was willing to give.  For the fab I bid about 170 over my minimum, verses for gorgeous, while a lower minimum, I bid about $500 over.  My fab suite bid was the highest though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bearsparents said:

Fab.   I had a feeling they would take as much money as I was willing to give.  For the fab I bid about 170 over my minimum, verses for gorgeous, while a lower minimum, I bid about $500 over.  My fab suite bid was the highest though.

We stayed in a Gorgeous which was right next to a Fab...the size difference was very evident.

One night at dinner, we ended up sitting next to the couple occupying the Fab Suite, and they LOVED it!

• Like 1

I am excited, especially at the price we paid.  We were considering a gorgeous but could not justify the extra expense. I decided I was happy with the seriously suite and at the price I bid for the MRS, I would be happy in any MRS.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bearsparents said:

Valiant on Sep 8.

Your agent will most likely be Ruchelle from the Phillipines.

She's wonderful. Tell her "hi" from Mega Eric & Mega Pam, and she'll have a good laugh!

We always called her "Mega Ruchelle" as she's quite connected to everyone on the ship and made sure we were always having a great time.

• Like 1