Cancellation of round Australia Crown Princess Nov 2025

13 minutes ago, boeckli said:

HAL's Westerdam 35 day circumnavigation Sydney to Sydney Nov 17, 2024 - sold out.

Thanks. I guess that being sold out is why I couldn't see it.

There is another one from San Diego on Zaandam with options of 60 or 93 days, but that is a bit outside spec. I noticed this is being heavily discounted. Original price of $29,150 has been slashed to $29,149

Capture_12.thumb.jpg.56e446a3074302f4d35fd1227732dc3f.jpg

• Haha 5

I had the 23 Nov 25 Around Australia booked. I understand they cancelled and assumed they would transfer me to the same cabin on the earlier date of 26 Sep 25.  Well that didn't happen, I was on deck 10 and they placed me elsewhere. Can you believe I was told that my cabin had been booked/sold and I had to change to another cabin.  How hard is it to transfer everyone to the new date then sell those cabins passengers no longer want.  What the....

Edited by aussielil

15 hours ago, aussielil said:

I had the 23 Nov 25 Around Australia booked. I understand they cancelled and assumed they would transfer me to the same cabin on the earlier date of 26 Sep 25.  Well that didn't happen, I was on deck 10 and they placed me elsewhere. Can you believe I was told that my cabin had been booked/sold and I had to change to another cabin.  How hard is it to transfer everyone to the new date then sell those cabins passengers no longer want.  What the....

Oh dear.  Another example of cruise line stupidity.  Seems to be increasingly prevalent.  

• Like 3

There was 1.5 laps with multi starting points being replaced only by a Sydney to Sydney option for the full loop. 1.5 into 1 doesn't go, so it is possible that someone else also had that cabin on the other 1/2 lap and they have jumped you in the queue on the replacement cruise.

Still sux though.

• Like 2

Was browsing around last night and found that Princess has the 28 night cruise from Sydney for $5,528 pp which is $197.43 per night.

Let me know if this is the wrong thread to be posting this.

On 9/18/2024 at 4:55 PM, aussielil said:

This happened to us to. We were on deck 14 aft. Carefully chosen by us for a few reasons. We booked early January. They gave us deck 10 forward. I rang and had to settle with deck 12 aft and go on a waiting list for the area of our original cabin on deck 14. What the .... No cabins available on deck 14 one year out.

Edited by Newby58
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Newby58 said:

This happened to us to. We were on deck 14 aft. Carefully chosen by us for a few reasons. We booked early January. They gave us deck 10 forward. I rang and had to settle with deck 12 aft and go on a waiting list for the area of our original cabin on deck 14. What the ....

I cancelled completely.  I assured them that replacing a Melb to Melb with a Syd to Melb is not quite the same cruise.

Just now, Ondine said:

I cancelled completely.  I assured them that replacing a Melb to Melb with a Syd to Melb is not quite the same cruise.

We are still on the fence and considering our options. The itinerary Sydney to Sydney was also changed and we gained an extra sea day. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 5:14 PM, dizzy1948 said:

Got our new booking through - price still the same, monies paid in advance is correct - onboard credit not showing yet, no doubt it will appear soon. (Well... it will when I ring them in a couple of weeks when things start to settle down.😉) Happy it's worked out for us. Hope it all works out for everyone who is in the same situation. 🥰

On board credit now showing in the booking today - no phone call required 😁 Just waiting to see if the price is still the same when it shows up - still showing "price unavailable." 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dizzy1948 said:

On board credit now showing in the booking today - no phone call required 😁 Just waiting to see if the price is still the same when it shows up - still showing "price unavailable." 

The price is likely more expensive, but not for those being rebooked from cancellations.

7 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

I expect so, it's probably a marketing ploy to make those who have been cancelled and rebooked feel good.  

I suspect that goodwill works something like that. As it should be, it was them that changed your plans on you. It would be wrong for them to be charging you more for the designated replacement cruise.

• Like 2