How many Captain's Club points when sailing on a free Blue Chip cruise but you PAID for an upgrade at the time of booking?

I have done A LOT of research over the last few months and have yet to find information with a definitive answer on this...

I was able to book a free cruise through the Blue Chip Club but my offer was for an Ocean View room. There weren't any ocean view rooms available on my sailing of choice so I PAID to upgrade to a veranda at the time of booking. I would assume that since I paid for my upgrade and it wasn't a MoveUp offer and it wasn't something that was "awarded" or something that I'd get my 3 captain's club points per night. I was told by someone from BCC on the phone that because my offer was for OV I would only earn OV points (2 points per night) no matter what type of room I paid for. That sounds wrong to me. I've seen other posters talk about how they received points for whatever room they booked. Now my situation gets more complicated because I booked a veranda guarantee and 2 weeks before sailing I was given my room assignment and it ended up being concierge class. When I logged into my account BEFORE the cruise it said that my "expected" points I'd be receiving was 30 points (5 concierge points for 6 night cruise) so I was very excited. I finished my cruise 2 weeks ago and I logged in to my account to see that I was only awarded 14 points (2 ocean view points for 6 night cruise plus go green points). 

I feel like something went wrong. Are there others with a similar situation that received more points than I did? Am I missing points? Am I out of luck?

I have another free cruise offer for an inside room and I want to upgrade to concierge class to get my points (I'm really trying to get to elite plus in the next 12 months) but I don't want to book if I'm just going to be sad and get inside room points even though I paid to upgrade to concierge class.

Can anybody please help me? Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide 🙂

the expected points showing don't happen. They showed like that for me after got my move up to Aqua but I got the veranda points from the original room booked.

you should get paid upgrade points though

49 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

the expected points showing don't happen. They showed like that for me after got my move up to Aqua but I got the veranda points from the original room booked.

you should get paid upgrade points though

Move up and UP grade are two different thing.

By Right you should get the Up graded points for your cruise.

We paid for an ov cabin one time, than there was a price drop,

we got an upgrade to Balcony for the same price , only got point for OV

Celebrity will probably say it was a special price and you get the original CC points