Upsell - Oceanview to Balcony for $300?

cbr

Hey All:

Received a phone call from my TA today with an offer from NCL to upgrade from an oceanview room mid-ship on Deck 5 to "the highest level balcony" for $150 pp or $300 total for me and DH. She didn't say what the cabin number was but said it would be their nicest balcony room......sounds like a good deal??? This is only our second time cruising and the first we've been offered an upgrade in cabins so we don't know what to expect or if we should try to "dicker" for a better price. We are cruising the Dawn on 4/16 out of NYC.

First, to make thing perfectly clear, you've been offered an upsell, not an upgrade!

Upgrades are free, upsells cost you more money.

At $150 difference per person between cabins, they offered a good deal.

Take it!

On the 4/16 Dawn cruise, if you were buying the lowest category cabin today, here's the going price: Oceanview $1,019 Balcony $1,399.

That's $380 difference per person, and NCL offered you the balcony for an extra $150 each.

About A Month Before My Cruise That I Went On On The Spirit -19mar2006;they Offered Me An Up Sell From An Inside To A Balconey For 100 Dollars A Person.which I Turned Down Gambling On That At 2 Weeks Before The Cruise They Would Come Back To Me With An Even Cheaper Price,because I've Heard This Strategyworked For Some People!one Guy Lucked Out And Got It For $50 Pp! Well To Make A Long Story Short I Gambled And Lost,they Sold Out. So I Stayed With The Inside Cabin Which I Got At A Steal Anyway,and We Had A Great Time!

I am travelling on the Spirit on 4/2. Called yesterday and got an upsell from an inside cabin on Deck 10 to a Balcony cabin on Deck 8 for $200. I took it and am very excited about it. I think it will be well worth the money. Thanks to all of your postings about upsells. Otherwise, I would never have even known about it (1st time cruiser)!

We also got a call from NCL yesterday, offering us an upsell from a BB to a mini-suite for $300; for our 5/14 sailing on the Star. We didn't take it for a variety of different reasons, and we are very happy with where we're at now; hand-picked balcony on deck 9 midship.

Archived