Cabin Availability Arvia Carribean

SunnyD800

We did our first cruise on Iona this month, our holiday was amazing and I’ve now caught the cruise bug!! 

I would like to try the carribean next on Arvia but having school age children means there are only limited dates we could do. We are a family of 5 so also need 2 cabins, on our recent cruise we had a 3, 2 room split.

I have looked at sailings that straddle the February half term for 2025 and 26 and it looks like there is no 3 or 4 berth cabins available.

I just wondered if anyone has experienced this and still managed to secure a cabin and any tips on how to do it. 

Sometimes cabins become available after final payment, which is 13 weeks before sailing, but the website takes a few days to update. You could ask to go an waitlist but still monitor the website yourself.

One thing we discovered, the P&O site might show some cabins not available, but the travel agent we prefer to use has them available and vice versa.

We also believe that if somebody is online and checking price's by doing a dummy booking, it takes a few minutes for the 'booked' cabin to be freed up. We did this ourselves when checking on two separate PC's. It's worth keeping a check a few sites.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Once children are part of booking the child number limits come into play, only so many of each child age group are permitted on board so if that age group is full the booking won't complete,

You can test this by doing a test booking for 3 or 4 adults in one cabin and seeing if there is availability, but it may also be the case that as its half term its fully booked anyway.

Edited by Thejuggler

Thanks Everyone I will try the TA today. I tried putting in adults instead of children and it’s still showing no rooms at all so it’s not the child availability issue. Maybe they are just super popular! 

Hi

We are booked on the 15th February 2025 half term cruise. We are a family of 4 and pre-registered for this cruise when the details were released and only just managed to get an inside cabin. We are currently on a waiting list for an outside cabin so speak to your TA. Hopefully when balances are due you will be able to get on 🤞