Math problem, is this answer correct?

bubbles1209

1st cruise, wanna be sure. Here's the math:

3 people, in 1 stateroom. 3 s&s cards will be needed. 2 of the 3 s&s cards will not be charged on, only used to get on and off the ship. On 5-8 day cruises, a $200 deposit is required. If I'm correct, there is only a $200 deposit per stateroom, not per person, or if you will per card. Tipping however is added to the s&s card at a rate of $10 per person, per day for a total amount of $210.00. So, if you add the $210.00 to the $200 deposit, that will = $410.00 needed to be put on the s&s card, plus any extra money you plan on spending onboard to cover all 3 people. Correct?:rolleyes: If not, please give me your answers by your experiences, and thanks for the advice:D

What was the question?

You don't have to pay tips with deposits. If you want Carnival insurance and tell them that up front, they will charge that on the deposit, but you can add later.

For two people, there would be a deposit per person, not sure about the third. Not sure if it is advisable to book a room for three, but only for two people originally and then add the third at time of final payment.

ooo. Wasn't sure if it was cruise deposit or SS deposit.

Not a math problem - a policy problem. If a designated SS card can't be used for charging, I wouldn't think any deposit would be needed for those. Why would it? Note: won't vs can't are two different animals.

I would call Carnivore and ask.

What they told us when we checked in for the cruise is that they start off with deposits for the tips and then charge more from your card or require more cash as needed. You could probably call Carnival to make sure.

My mom and dad only put $300 dep for thier cabin for 2 people. So its not per person. If you get close to your amount the pursers desk will contact you to either put more on it if you want to spend more.

The original $200 deposit i was talking about would be for the s&s card, for 3 people in 1 stateroom. The $210 was tipping for 3 on a 7 day cruise. ($10 per person per day for 3). Total of $410. My question was is that correct? OR........Is there a $200 deposit per s&s card totaling $600 plus the $210 (10 per person per day for gratuities). We have 3 in 1 stateroom because my daughter is going, she's not old enough for her own cabin, and we didn't see paying the extra expense for an additional cabin for one of us. All we are gonna do in the cabin is sleep anyway.

I called carnival today, and when you get on board, let's say 3 people. Everyone gets an s&s card. The deposit only applies to the cards that will be charged on. So, if you have 3 people, and only 1 card you've authorized for things to be charged on, you only pay 1 deposit. If you have authorized 2 cards to be charged on, then it's 2 deposits. 3 deposits if you want it where you can charge on all 3 cards. Finally, I got my answer!:D

ooo. Wasn't sure if it was cruise deposit or SS deposit.

Not a math problem - a policy problem. If a designated SS card can't be used for charging, I wouldn't think any deposit would be needed for those. Why would it? Note: won't vs can't are two different animals.

I would call Carnivore and ask.

I win! I win!

We sailed the Liberty in January and paid a $50 pp deposit (applied to a vacation debit). There were 4 of us in the cabin and we allowed our 2 teen children to charge games at the gameroom on the S&S card!

We also were charged right away the $10 pp per day tips for each in our cabin. So, your math was close!

I am confused... Are you only charged a deposit for Cash Guaranteed S&S cards? I have always used a credit card at check in and was never asked for a deposit. I am sure that they ran a pre-authorization, but never really thought much about it. Is the deposit required when using a credit card to guarantee your card?

I am confused... Are you only charged a deposit for Cash Guaranteed S&S cards? I have always used a credit card at check in and was never asked for a deposit. I am sure that they ran a pre-authorization, but never really thought much about it. Is the deposit required when using a credit card to guarantee your card?
No, the deposit is only required using cash. If you'll scroll up you'll see i was trying to find out exactly what was what with the cash deposit in my original post. Was just letting folks know that i called carnival today and got my answer.:)

We sailed the Liberty in January and paid a $50 pp deposit (applied to a vacation debit). There were 4 of us in the cabin and we allowed our 2 teen children to charge games at the gameroom on the S&S card!

We also were charged right away the $10 pp per day tips for each in our cabin. So, your math was close!

So you only had to put $200 down total. After they add the tips you'd be $80 in the hole ?:confused:

Bill

Archived