Hawaii Tours

ShallIDoIt

10 hours ago, ShallIDoIt said:

Thank you for your input. The only thing with Pearl Harbour is that it will be the only day we will be in Honolulu area. Being from the UK it will be our one and only time we will go to Hawaii, so I do want to go to Pearl Harbour even if it is just a brief visit. It's just unfortunate for us that we dock on the 7th December into Honolulu!

We are not really interested in tours/museums anyway, so for us just to being there, seeing the harbour and just having a quick walk round just to say we have been there is enough for us.  

I can understand the "being there" thing, its is a very significant historical place, just know that you see very little from the visitor center area, the rest of the harbor is off limits because it is an active navel base.

@ShallIDoIt  There are Interpretive Wayside Exhibits that you can read as you walk around the outside areas of Pearl Harbor.  I think it is such a well done memorial site.

Thrifty is one of the rental offices inside the Hyatt Regency at 2424 Kalakaua Avenue in Waikiki that is easy to use.  Also, if a car rental agency closes prior to when you want to return the car there is usually an after hours drop off for the keys.  You might contact the office directly for that information.  

You will enjoy sunset on Waikiki...beautiful.  And, if you have time drive or stroll by the Iolani Palace and Hawaii's Capitol Historic district.  It is ablaze with Christmas lights and decorations in December.  If you think you may be eating on Waikiki after sunset I suggest choosing a restaurant and making reservations... you can always cancel them but you cannot always get them at busy times.  Enjoy your day, Cherie