Cooking Classes on Vista

Goofyisme

How have people enjoyed the classes conducted on the Vista?

Any insight on what type of classes are typically offered?

Is there a charge for these classes?

Thanks for any information you can provide

5 minutes ago, Goofyisme said:

How have people enjoyed the classes conducted on the Vista?

Any insight on what type of classes are typically offered?

Is there a charge for these classes?

Thanks for any information you can provide

Never taken one but they have a description of the various classes on their website. Select the Vista on their website and then Onboard Experiences. Scroll down to Culinary Center and there is a link to click on which takes you to a listing of the various classes. Of course not all are offered on each cruise but gives you an idea.  The cost is typically $89 pp.  They seem quite popular and fill up quickly. My other half has signed up for a couple on Vista already for a cruise next year. 

I took a culinary class on Vista last month & really enjoyed it. There were several classes offered, all geared around the areas we were in. Mine was Greek recipes, cooking different mezes, salad & desserts plus ouzo & wine. Chef was very engaging. I try to do at least one class when aboard.IMG_0628.thumb.jpeg.4951e9630216f661da91e597c53647f6.jpegIMG_0627.thumb.jpeg.e88a47728f9748e96dde47c87e65b9d0.jpeg

We did a dessert one on the Vista in March. We did crepe Suzette and one other. My husband found out he can’t make crepes, but with some help, they turned out. Very enjoyable evening. The cooking kitchen is fantastic.

My wife thought they were excellent and well-done.  She did two classes on Vista in January (Caribbean itinerary).  One was seafood, and the other was a French technique of cooking beef with some kind of sauce.  All levels of experience present, but newbies will be well taken care of.  She said it was like "private instruction".  I showed up at the end to meet her and her sister at the end of the class and was invited in to taste what they made.  It was amazing.  For these classes, a small glass of wine was included with the prep. The price quoted above I believe was correct at that time. She highly recommended.  Book as soon as possible (before the cruise) as they fill up.

From our experience at a class - it was not a "small" glass of wine but the wine flowed during the entire class and the wine changed based upon what we were preparing...

• Like 1

Another positive experience here. My wife and I have done a handful of culinary classes and culinary excursions on the Vista, and we still regularly make dishes and use techniques that we learned there. We've had both Chef David and Chef Noelle as instructors, and both were fantastic with their own styles and techniques.

105839164.MP.jpg

160620181.jpg

170707834.jpg

220514672.jpg

• Like 1