Disney Dream Live September 8 - 15 (first time Disney cruiser)

We waited long enough and ordered ourselves some Mickey bars! Delightful!! This afternoon was partially filled doing the scavenger hunt. It was a lot of fun and we got to check out a lot of the door decorations. Quite enjoyable.

Dinner was at Royal Palace and I have to say we were underwhelmed. I got the chicken breast from the light bites and it was very dry. I should have known, but wanted to take it easy after last nights meal. My mom had the beef option. She said it was fine but took a while for them to come around with the sauce for on top. Our beverages also were forgotten. Staff was extremely friendly with several officers coming around. I’m going to chalk it up to being busy.

After dinner we caught the golden Mickey’s show and that was quite enjoyable beginning to end. Perfect timing too.

IMG_3817.jpeg

• Like 1

Dried out chicken on a tooth pick. Sounds like what I was served (too many times) at fundraisers for various causes! Seeing reviews of Disney elsewhere, I am sure you'll have a better feast later on! Hey, the Mickey bars make up for anything, right?! 🦆

• Like 2

My mother and I debated booking the Disney excursion Glasgow on your own. Motorcoach there and back. SOOOO glad we didn’t! As soon as we got off the dock there was McGills bus service offering transportation round trip for 10 pounds. It was easy and gave ourselves plenty of time to return. 

We ended up browsing the shopping district and I spent too much money. Our next stop was going to be a walk over to the Glasgow cathedral. Along the way we passed by the Purple Cat Cafe and couldn’t refuse. What a hoot. 30 or so cats and all so friendly, sleepy, playful, curious, and happy. It was the highlight. Eventually, we did make it to the Glasgow Cathedral. Beautiful building. 

Dinner tonight at Animators Palate and Beauty and the Beast tonight. What a great day so far!

IMG_3822.jpeg

IMG_3828.jpeg

IMG_3835.jpeg

IMG_3837.jpeg

IMG_3843.jpeg

IMG_3839.jpeg

IMG_3841.jpeg

IMG_3840.jpeg

IMG_3845.jpeg

IMG_3847.jpeg

IMG_3852.jpeg

IMG_3858.jpeg

IMG_3857.jpeg

IMG_3856.jpeg

IMG_3861.jpeg

IMG_3863.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Animators Palate was a delight last night! Service was on point and the food was enjoyable. We went to see “And the award goes to..” show last night, but left because we were exhausted and the show wasn’t interesting enough for us to stay up another hour. I would love to do some of the game shows and activities they have later in the evening, but the latest I’ve been able to stay awake is 10 pm.

Woke up this morning while we were pulling into Liverpool and went to get a workout in. Gym has been nice and empty! A rarity on any cruise. Snapped some photos of the city afterwards, grabbed breakfast, and ready to hit land! This is the last port where we don’t have any particular plans.

IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3873.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Liverpool 

Another great day! Today took a little longer to dock. There was heavy wind and rain and took extra time. Once again, I went to the gym and then to the buffet for a breakfast. 

Today was really chilly, windy, and rainy. However, I wanted to head over to the Cavern Club and see all the awesome Beatles bars. What a cool vibe. We went into the Beatles museum and spent about two hours there. Very cool. 

Afterwards, I wanted lunch and to get warm, so we just headed back to the ship. Ate lunch at the buffet and took a nap, read, caught up on podcasts on the heated loungers and enjoyed the rainforest spa.

we decided to skip dinner tonight in Enchanted Forest and go to the early show of Beauty and the Beast. Absolute highlight on this trip!! Set design and all the choreography with the actors and set pieces if mesmerizing. What a phenomenal show.  This show beats any of the Broadway style shows NCL “used” to have. 

I also want to add our housekeeper is one of the best I’ve ever had on any cruise. Another ding on NCL for getting rid of their turn down services. The housekeeping staff with Disney seem more relaxed. I’m hoping their workload is a little more manageable.

My mom also bought the nightmare before Christmas popcorn bucket collectible they have for this year. It’s so cute!

the next two days we have Disney excursions booked, so very much looking forward to that.

IMG_3872.jpeg

IMG_3877.jpeg

IMG_3880.jpeg

IMG_3881.jpeg

IMG_3884.jpeg

IMG_3886.jpeg

IMG_3890.jpeg

IMG_3891.jpeg

IMG_3894.jpeg

IMG_3895.jpeg

IMG_3908.jpeg

IMG_3909.jpeg

IMG_3911.jpeg

• Like 3

We happen to have two couples who are friends of ours on the cruise with you, so I'm enjoying triple the tales.

I rarely order chicken out. It's not just Disney. If it isn't prepared right, chicken can be dry. However, if you do Palo brunch, their chicken parmigiana is to die for.

• Like 3

Cobh, Cork Ireland

Finally, a gorgeous morning!! Sun is shining and feels warm. My mother has a Disney excursion exploring some town I had no interest in. I am heading o. A Disney excursion to the Blarney Castle. This was a must for me. Can’t wait. The town of Cobh is cute.

IMG_3916.jpeg

IMG_3920.jpeg

IMG_3922.jpeg

IMG_3923.jpeg

• Like 2

Pirate night was a lot of fun! It was the first night we got to see a pretty sunset, while the show was going on! We had dinner at the Enchanted Forest. It was fine. I think the main dining rooms seem to be consistently mediocre. I get it, there’s a lot of people to feed at once, in a timely fashion with two seatings. To perfect this, it just seems the quality suffers because of it.

IMG_4001.jpeg

IMG_4005.jpeg

IMG_4007.jpeg

IMG_4011.jpeg

IMG_4014.jpeg

• Like 3

Plymouth, England

Lovely day on our excursion to see the Jurassic coast. I wish we had a little bit longer to explore the stops along the way. The weather is perfect. My mom and I rode the aqua duck when we got back. Wow! That water was cold! But we did it and glad we did.

Time to get ready for our dinner at Palo tonight.

IMG_4033.jpeg

IMG_4038.jpeg

IMG_4041.jpeg

IMG_4050.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

IMG_4056.jpeg

IMG_4054.jpeg

IMG_4060.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Pirate night was a lot of fun! It was the first night we got to see a pretty sunset, while the show was going on! We had dinner at the Enchanted Forest. It was fine. I think the main dining rooms seem to be consistently mediocre. I get it, there’s a lot of people to feed at once, in a timely fashion with two seatings. To perfect this, it just seems the quality suffers because of it.

IMG_4001.jpeg

IMG_4005.jpeg

IMG_4007.jpeg

IMG_4011.jpeg

IMG_4014.jpeg

Really enjoying your reports. Just one minor correction, it's the Enchanted Garden.  Rumor is that when it goes into drydock, they're going to make some changes to it. Not sure what.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m enjoying your live report. I always wondered what Disney cruising was like. I agree, the Prima cabins are amazing and hard to beat. However, the food looks amazing on Disney! Great you can enjoy quality time with your mum. I love the photos of you together.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

I’m enjoying your live report. I always wondered what Disney cruising was like. I agree, the Prima cabins are amazing and hard to beat. However, the food looks amazing on Disney! Great you can enjoy quality time with your mum. I love the photos of you together.

thank you very much. It’s been enjoyable. My work days are usually 11-12 hours and we don’t have much time together. 
I would say Disney and NCL food are right on par with each other. Disney beats NCL for entertainment and NCL beats Disney for cabins.  Glad I did this, but will gravitate towards NCL. My partner and I are trying Cekebrity Ascent next year, but have four cruise next certificates with NCL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

thank you very much. It’s been enjoyable. My work days are usually 11-12 hours and we don’t have much time together. 
I would say Disney and NCL food are right on par with each other. Disney beats NCL for entertainment and NCL beats Disney for cabins.  Glad I did this, but will gravitate towards NCL. My partner and I are trying Cekebrity Ascent next year, but have four cruise next certificates with NCL.

Ha ha! The cruise next certificates always get us too! 😅 We are most loyal to MSC Yacht Club but also do a NCL once a year due to aforementioned certificates and loyalty programme. 
Thanks again for taking time to share your cruise. 

• Like 1

And bam! It’s the last BB hour onboard and there are 4 cruise ships in port (princess, p&o, Disney, and NCL prima). It’s been a very relaxing trip and quite enjoyable time with my mom.

As the Dream goes into dry dock, we were speaking to a lot of the staff that are going home for 5 weeks. They are excited.

I wish the Disney forum was a bit more active, but thanks for tagging along. 😉

IMG_4125.jpeg

Edited by PhillyTravelBug
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful sunset in Southampton! It’s great when the staff are excited to go home- they work long and hard so it’s fun to see them setting off on their breaks!

I hope you both have a good journey home and that you enjoy Carnival when you try it out - I look forward to your reading report next year! 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ConnieTact said:

Beautiful sunset in Southampton! It’s great when the staff are excited to go home- they work long and hard so it’s fun to see them setting off on their breaks!

I hope you both have a good journey home and that you enjoy Carnival when you try it out - I look forward to your reading report next year! 😀

Thank you! Mediterranean cruise on the celebrity ascent next June! Too long to wait.

• Like 2

Thanks for taking us along! I'm glad to hear my thoughts on Disney were mostly in line with what you experienced. I certainly wouldn't turn down a free Mouse Ears cruise, but I haven't added Disney to the possible lineup of future cruises. 

You and your mom look like you had a really wonderful time, though! Glad you had some time with her to enjoy! 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2024 at 1:42 AM, PhillyTravelBug said:

And bam! It’s the last BB hour onboard and there are 4 cruise ships in port (princess, p&o, Disney, and NCL prima). It’s been a very relaxing trip and quite enjoyable time with my mom.

As the Dream goes into dry dock, we were speaking to a lot of the staff that are going home for 5 weeks. They are excited.

I wish the Disney forum was a bit more active, but thanks for tagging along. 😉

IMG_4125.jpeg

Those of us few Disney fans on CC are glad you're here and thanks for the travel reports.

On a side note, I had booked concierge GTY for next month's WBTA. I had expected to get one of the 4A rooms that they were converting to 3A and was confirmed yesterday with our room number. SO excited. Perfect location midship.