The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 4th, 2024

Quiet daily today so I'm checking in for the evening.  The fog did burn off and we had a lovely sunny day, a tad chilly but not enough to keep me off the terrace to soak up some rays.  I napped a bit and dinner is soup with saltines, I wasn't all that hungry.

I decided to book the rainforest cruise for 2026 since so far nothing is really jumping out at me, but I'm still going to check with Princess and see what their itineraries are looking like.  Now if I could only make a decision on 2025. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, quilty964 said:

...Has anyone had the RSV vaccine?  My doctor suggested it.  I'm trying to figure out how to spread out the Covid booster, flu shot and the rsv vaccine.  I'd like the covid booster to be later, closer to our winter cruise...

Other than my sore arm, we had no reactions to the RSV vaccine.

We got Covid & flu shots today as our cruise begins Sept 28.

Pharmacist asked if we had pneumonia vaccine yet (we did 2 years ago) as she was prepared to give us all 3 today. She said we made a good decision to get shots today, no later than next week, w/a trip in 3 weeks.

Side note, she said her group of 10 friends just returned this past weekend from an AK cruise - none vaccinated, all now positive for Covid. She was not on the cruise and has not been around them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

The city next to us, Grand Prairie, is dealing with a water contamination incident resulting from a fire that was being extinguished.

Residents are not to use the water in any way and boiling will not make it safe. 

The impacted area is red on the map below; it encompasses the area from I-20 to north of I-30. The restaurants in the shopping center where we got our shots this evening were all closed. The store DH works at is in the red zone.

We're praying 🙏a boil notice is issued tonight - there are a lot of people and animals needing water.

Screenshot_20240904_231751_Chrome.thumb.jpg.98847d140bf294ffdfe12f9ad1106e3a.jpg

Screenshot_20240904_231847_Chrome.thumb.jpg.442216b923616bb1eb0921b0a95a362e.jpg

Screenshot_20240904_231712_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a6045233bcb9d1d7e5beed400ce35b33.jpg

Screenshot_20240904_231513_Chrome.thumb.jpg.67aca0346e8c0ccb9bba6491ea8667e8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7