Securing items while solo

SongsInMyHead

Hi! For my upcoming trip to the Caribbean, I’m hoping to get tips on how to keep my things like my phone or purse secure at the beach. If I go snorkeling or walk away from my towel, I won’t have anyone nearby to pay attention to my stuff. How has everyone else addressed this?

14 hours ago, SongsInMyHead said:

Do you have any links for what you got? There are a lot of them online and I want something reliable. 

This is the one I got from amazon..it has the bag as well as the phone case...you just have to make sure the bag is waterproof, not just water resistant, and these are, and not too expensive...the bag worked great getting off the ship...I put everything I needed in it, ( I even took my kindle and suncream)  and then I could just leave the towel on the beach, loop the bag over my shoulder and go in the water..

I mean, I'm not going jetskiing or anything, just swimming and paddling, but you can snorkel and dive in these..

Screenshot 2024-09-08 141316.png

• Thanks 2

On 9/4/2024 at 6:11 PM, SongsInMyHead said:

Hi! For my upcoming trip to the Caribbean, I’m hoping to get tips on how to keep my things like my phone or purse secure at the beach. If I go snorkeling or walk away from my towel, I won’t have anyone nearby to pay attention to my stuff. How has everyone else addressed this?

You can buy a "locker" that attaches to your beach chair with a really strong cable.  I bought one on Amazon awhile back.  You just need to have something to attach it to.

1 hour ago, JsMom2 said:

You can buy a "locker" that attaches to your beach chair with a really strong cable. 

I have one of those that I've travelled with, to secure things like my passport in an Air BnB when I don't have a safe.  But I'm not sure how helpful it is if it's secured to portable chair, though