Hubbard Glacier Wilderness Exploration

stvntra

Hi again - it's me, your friendly excited pest! 🙃

I just booked the Hubbard Glacier Wilderness Exploration while we are in Hubbard Glacier.  Has anyone booked that on your trips by chance? I was just wondering if it's worth the money and if it's a great experience.  It looks like a great time, and we are SUPER excited about it, but thought I would get others' opinions here as well, so I have some insight ahead of time if possible.

Thanks in advance as always! ☺️ Only 2 days to go!!

2 hours ago, stvntra said:

Hi again - it's me, your friendly excited pest! 🙃

I just booked the Hubbard Glacier Wilderness Exploration while we are in Hubbard Glacier.  Has anyone booked that on your trips by chance? I was just wondering if it's worth the money and if it's a great experience.  It looks like a great time, and we are SUPER excited about it, but thought I would get others' opinions here as well, so I have some insight ahead of time if possible.

Thanks in advance as always! ☺️ Only 2 days to go!!

Any chance your going to be on Sunday's Solstice out of Vancouver also? I have not done the Hubbard Glacier Wilderness Exploration, but have been to Hubbard Glacier at least 4 times. Everyone I've talk to after the tour really enjoyed themself. You board the boat from the cruise ship. Sunset in Alaska and Hubbard. 3rd photo you can see the boat you should be on.1137750809_Image2022-06-08.thumb.jpeg.21930ac05ee16e80fc1060251f277a92.jpeg20220604_151210.thumb.jpg.7409bbb0ccb578768414ebdb73347b95.jpg20220604_153522.thumb.jpg.d13ca1f4efc02fb3d02e72a1745f540b.jpg

1 minute ago, bigbenboys said:

Any chance your going to be on Sunday's Solstice out of Vancouver also? I have not done the Hubbard Glacier Wilderness Exploration, but have been to Hubbard Glacier at least 4 times. Everyone I've talk to after the tour really enjoyed themself. You board the boat from the cruise ship. Sunset in Alaska and Hubbard. 3rd photo you can see the boat you should be on.1137750809_Image2022-06-08.thumb.jpeg.21930ac05ee16e80fc1060251f277a92.jpeg20220604_151210.thumb.jpg.7409bbb0ccb578768414ebdb73347b95.jpg20220604_153522.thumb.jpg.d13ca1f4efc02fb3d02e72a1745f540b.jpg

Thank you SO much bigbenboys.  Yes, we will be on the Solstice this Sunday out of Vancouver.  These photos are AMAZING, thank you SO much for sharing!!! 🙂 The picture of the boat helps as well.  I am not sure when we would get back to Alaska again in the near future, so I felt like this was one of those maybe "once in a lifetime" excursions we HAVE to do while we can! Will you be on this cruise as well?

2 minutes ago, stvntra said:

Thank you SO much bigbenboys.  Yes, we will be on the Solstice this Sunday out of Vancouver.  These photos are AMAZING, thank you SO much for sharing!!! 🙂 The picture of the boat helps as well.  I am not sure when we would get back to Alaska again in the near future, so I felt like this was one of those maybe "once in a lifetime" excursions we HAVE to do while we can! Will you be on this cruise as well?

Yes, we will be driving from Seattle up to Vancouver on Saturday. The photos are from June 2022. If you want, stop by and say hi. We are on deck 10 suite 1239. Richard and Randy

Just now, bigbenboys said:

Yes, we will be driving from Seattle up to Vancouver on Saturday. The photos are from June 2022. If you want, stop by and say hi. We are on deck 10 suite 1239. Richard and Randy

That's awesome! We land in Vancouver on Saturday around 10:45 a.m. and will be there all day/night until we board the next morning.  Would love to meet you both! It doesn't look like our cabins are too far apart - we too are on deck 10 suite 1215! 🙂

Just now, stvntra said:

That's awesome! We land in Vancouver on Saturday around 10:45 a.m. and will be there all day/night until we board the next morning.  Would love to meet you both! It doesn't look like our cabins are too far apart - we too are on deck 10 suite 1215! 🙂

Also, my name is Tracy and my boyfriend's name is Madison! 🙂

Just now, bigbenboys said:

One more thing. Are you doing the ziplining at Icy Strait Points. It takes two Gondola rides to get to the top.

Actually, yes, we are! 🙂

So are we. We have done it once before. We have 3pm booked. See you on the ship.

Looking forward to it! We too are booked for the 3 p.m. See you both soon! 🙂

4 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

So are we. We have done it once before. We have 3pm booked. See you on the ship.

Actually, we are 4 p.m. that afternoon - the 3 p.m. was sold out. 

• Like 1

We have taken the Hubbard excursion operated by Allen Marine; it is one of our favorites. We usually take the excursion while cruising with Princess and have always had a fabulous time.  This year, we had reservations for May and August.  May was spectacular (I have included a couple of pictures) but August was a bust as Hubbard was fogged in and the tour was cancelled.  We will be sailing the Solstice next June and I have already reserved the excursion with Celebrity.  For us, the experience outweighs the price. Hope you have a wonderful time.DSC_7785.thumb.JPG.c415e841f05638b632f5cdd782bb406e.JPG

DSC_7834-A.jpg

• Like 1