Port of Los Angeles Berth 50

We will be on a cruise that is scheduled to make a port call in Los Angeles (San Pedro) using "Berth 50."  We can find very little about this location, and what we do find is largely dismal.  Can anyone - local or recent cruise visitor - provide any information about this place?  The Port of Los Angels maps don't show it, but we assume it is what they call MU1 or berths 46-49.  Is this correct?  Are there any services?  Is anything walkable?  Will there be a shuttle to the World Cruise Center?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!

On 9/6/2024 at 12:39 AM, Cabunit said:

We will be on a cruise that is scheduled to make a port call in Los Angeles (San Pedro) using "Berth 50."

I believe it's in the outer harbor area-- lets your ship get in and out more quickly. Ships that are flipping over use the World Cruise Center further in. But agree that it's confusing. The main berths are 92/93 and they go down as you get closer to the open water.

On 9/6/2024 at 12:39 AM, Cabunit said:

Are there any services?  Is anything walkable?  Will there be a shuttle to the World Cruise Center?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!

It's an industrial part of the port so I wouldn't count on many shoreside services. Whether there is a shuttle or not will be up to your ship and I would direct the question there. 

SS Lane Victory is right there and is delightful-- fully functioning WW2 Victory Ship. USS Iowa is not far either back towards the main cruise port area. Lane Victory could be walkable-- Iowa and the World Cruise Center I would say would not be walkable or advised to try. 

I was able to drive to the Lane Victory when I visited a couple months ago so in theory you would be able to get an Uber from your berth without an issue to go anywhere in LA you wanted to if there wasn't a shuttle for some reason. 

If you didn't want to do anything in LA proper that day you also could take the Catalina Express to Avalon which departs near the WCC.