Booking question

Just booked a March trip today thru a travel agent (430pm eastern). When I checked the web site it shows that the reservation number has been issued but the reservation is showing being on  a Courtesy Hold …..has anyone ever experienced that?

It might be because your deposit hasn't been applied yet, since it's going through a 3rd party (your travel agent).

I had an issue last Friday with a booking accidentally being switched to a non-refundable fare and RC had to re-create the reservation, and then re-apply the deposit I paid back in July. The deposit will take 7-10 days to be applied, so it's been on a "courtesy hold since last Friday (7 days ago).

The expiration date was today, so I had to call yesterday to have them extend it. I don't know if travel agent holds have an expiration date, but if it does you might want to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't expire before your deposit is applied. 

6 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

It might be because your deposit hasn't been applied yet, since it's going through a 3rd party (your travel agent).

I had an issue last Friday with a booking accidentally being switched to a non-refundable fare and RC had to re-create the reservation, and then re-apply the deposit I paid back in July. The deposit will take 7-10 days to be applied, so it's been on a "courtesy hold since last Friday (7 days ago).

The expiration date was today, so I had to call yesterday to have them extend it. I don't know if travel agent holds have an expiration date, but if it does you might want to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't expire before your deposit is applied. 

For North American bookings the deposits and payments go direct to Royal and never through a third party unless you are paying the travel agency with cash.