Sun-disembarking/embarking in Naples instead of Civitavecchia

Island wannabe

More of an observation than anything else, but we are embarking the Sun next June 7 in Barcelona, and it disembarks in Naples on June 14 instead of Civitaveechia.    At a quick glance I didn’t see any date other than June 14 all summer that this happens.   Looking at the port load for June 7 in Civi I do see there are 6 other ships in port, but then again there are other dates where a total of 7 ships are in port so 🤷‍♀️.    Our original plan was to then take a train to Rome after disembarking and spend a couple of days, but given the amount of tourists in Rome is expected to triple next year for the 2025 Jubilee, we decided to take a high speed train instead from Naples to Florence and hopefully miss the worst of the crowds.   So in the end it isn't a really big deal, but has anyone heard any scuttlebutt about why Civi is missed on one itinerary?

That is odd.  it could be because of the Jubilee celebrations.

Your plan sounds a lot better though.  Love Florence.  Tuscany is wonderful.  You will have a huge amount of tourists there also, but nothing like Roma.

Enjoy.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

September 2025 itinerary was changed to Naples awhile back. The flights have me a little nervous. I anticipate this will be an expensive cruise because of flight demands and perhaps some increase in hotel fees.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jjack413 said:

September 2025 itinerary was changed to Naples awhile back. The flights have me a little nervous. I anticipate this will be an expensive cruise because of flight demands and perhaps some increase in hotel fees.

When I first starting looking at the cost of Rome hotels in early June I was very surprised at how expensive they were.   I wondered why, and I think now I know why.

• Like 1