Trieste Italy Train Station Question

HuskerSuz

Hello.

A friend and I will be sailing on the NCL Pearl on Oct 4.  Pre-cruise we are staying in Venice and plan to take our own transportation to Trieste the morning of the cruise.  Our first thought is to go by train out of the Venezia S. Lucia station.  In looking at tickets on the https://www.trenitalia.com/en.html website, the Trieste train stations are Trieste Centrale or Trieste Molo Bersaglleri.  I've searched travel forums and Trieste Centrale seems to be the primary station.  However, according to my travel companion, Trieste Molo Bersaglleri is closer to the cruise port.  So, the question is - what Trieste train station do we arrive at?

Thank you!

The walk from Trieste Centrale to the cruise port is pretty easy if you have no mobility issues and it is not raining insanely hard like the day I was there. It is only 10 Euros if you need to take a cab.

Edited by yakcruiser
  • Like 1

When we did this journey back in June I booked business class tickets in advance from Venice Mestre to Trieste Centrale, about 40 Euros for two. We got tickets from the machine at Venice Santa Lucia to do the short journey to Venice Mestre. The train was about 20 minutes late but once on the train it was a very good journey, just under 2 hours .

The problem we had was that whenever I put the address of the pier into Google Maps, sent by NCL, it showed the pier to be quite a long way from the station. Our intention was to get a taxi, but coming out of the station we could not see one but noticed a number of other people setting off walking, we followed and discovered the ship was no way near as far as shown on Google maps. If you have no mobility issues and just normal luggage I would suggest walking from Trieste Centrale to the pier.

• Like 1

One thing to think about - sometimes the NCL ships dock at Pier 57, which is about a mile south of the city center. We had that dock listed on our boarding slips and was changed about a day and a half prior to sailing (thank goodness) to the dock near the town center.  However, there are cabs that can take you there from the train station.

• Like 1

I'm on this cruise on the Pearl for Oct 4, 2024 as well, but staying the night before in Trieste (after 5 nights in Venice).  I'm confused as to where the Pearl will be and how to get there.  The website is unclear and I received no information from NCL.  I just chatted with customer service and she said it was at Ormeggio 57, which is at the far south side, but it looks more like a shipyard than a cruise terminal.  I just don't know.

Edited by Joecool Hiker

24 minutes ago, Joecool Hiker said:

I'm on this cruise on the Pearl for Oct 4, 2024 as well, but staying the night before in Trieste (after 5 nights in Venice).  I'm confused as to where the Pearl will be and how to get there.  The website is unclear and I received no information from NCL.  I just chatted with customer service and she said it was at Ormeggio 57, which is at the far south side, but it looks more like a shipyard than a cruise terminal.  I just don't know.

Cruise mapper only shows one ship in port that day. You probably will be embarking right in town but if you do go to the industrial docks the taxi drivers will know. I have read that sometimes NCL will change docks at the last second.

• Like 2