Flying to Iguazu Falls: selecting a reliable airline

psygist

Looking for advice on selecting an airline to fly to Iguazu Falls from Buenos Aires. JetSmart, FlyBondi,and Aerolíneas offer direct flights at a wide range of airfares but don’t know which to choose. 
Thanks for any advice!

We opted to fly Aerolineas because they had the most flights each day.  As it turned out, our flight back to BA ended up being very late but since there were other Aerolineas flights, they were able put us on another one, allowing us to make to our Casa Rosada tour (it's been a few years).  Weather can impact flying and some airlines only offer one or two flights a day.  The other airlines were cheaper but we opted for the security of multiple flights a day.  Do check reviews to verify current reliability and on time performance.

Edited by mcmarya

29 minutes ago, mcmarya said:

We opted to fly Aerolineas because they had the most flights each day.  As it turned out, our flight back to BA ended up being very late but since there were other Aerolineas flights, they were able put us on another one, allowing us to make to our Casa Rosada tour (it's been a few years).  Weather can impact flying and some airlines only offer one or two flights a day.  The other airlines were cheaper but we opted for the security of multiple flights a day.  Do check reviews to verify current reliability and on time performance.

We had the same experience.  We chose Aerolineas Argentinas also because they had the most flights and I thought if something happened to one, we'd have a better chance to get another.  And that's what happened!  It all worked out well (my decision).   And the planes were nice and so was the service.

We flew Aerolineas. It worked well. A couple of notes:

• I got a schedule change notice email. I didn't read it carefully at first. The flight times only changed by a few minutes, so I didn't pay much attention. Later, I re-read the email and saw that THEY CHANGED THE DESTINATION AIRPORT from AEP (close to downtown) to EZE (30 km from downtown.) Read those emails carefully.
  • The seat pitch is incredibly tight. I'm 6'2". My knees were jammed into the seat in front. I should have paid for an extra legroom seat. However, I'm also age 61, and  South America rules do not permit old/frail/senile folks like me to sit in an emergency exit 😏. You cannot sit in an exit row if you are 60 or over.
  • I saved a bunch of money by booking the flight on the Argentina web site in Spanish. The prices were about 30% more on the US web site. I've lived in Europe for a couple of years, so buying things on Spanish web sites does not intimidate me.
  • Like 1