New to MSC cruiser questions

PattiPB

I'm heading on a short weekender on the Seashore to give MSC a try. We have the Bella package, and we bought the basic drink package.

I'd love to have any tips or hints on getting the most out of the weekend, Ocean Cay and the drink package! Please share your best tips for two sisters taking a weekend without kids or husbands!!!

TIA~

Ocean Cay is great, but bring water shoes... the ocean floor can be a bit rocky and shelly. It is a beautiful island and makes for a great beach day.

When you say the "basic" drink package, do you mean the Easy package purchased separately or the Easy Plus package included in the cruise fare? The Easy package is pretty limited, but you should still be able to find plenty to drink, including on Ocean Cay. Note that you can purchase drinks outside of your drink package and only pay the difference plus gratuity on the difference.

• Like 1

Thank you for the water shoes tip. I'll pull out the water shoes today! We didn't buy the drink package when I booked, but was then offered  40% discount on it, so I bought the cheapest one. Can I get mixed drinks on that package, but not the fancy frozen ones (without an upcharge)? Is that a fair way to explain the limitations?

The Easy package covers drinks up to $8. Here is a link to a PDF of the current bar menu:

https://cruiserise.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/MSC-drink-bar-menu-2024.pdf

Page 2: All the cocktails covered by the Easy package and an explanation of paying the difference on more expensive drinks.

Page 7: At the bottom there is a list of mocktails that would be covered by the Easy package, as they are all under $8.

Page 8: The costs for specific brands of spirits. Not much under $8 there.

Page 9: Beer list that has many beers that would be covered by the Easy package.

Page 10: Wine list that doesn't have anything under $9, so hopefully you aren't a big wine drinker!

Page 11: Soft drinks & coffee will all be covered under the Easy package, except the Irish Coffee.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, PattiPB said:

Thank you for the water shoes tip. I'll pull out the water shoes today! We didn't buy the drink package when I booked, but was then offered  40% discount on it, so I bought the cheapest one. Can I get mixed drinks on that package, but not the fancy frozen ones (without an upcharge)? Is that a fair way to explain the limitations?

Virgin frozen drinks like Pina Coladas are offered on the EASY Package. You could order a Virgin drink and a shot of rum on the side. Or as others said you could just pay the difference. Have a great cruise.

5 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

Virgin frozen drinks like Pina Coladas are offered on the EASY Package. You could order a Virgin drink and a shot of rum on the side. Or as others said you could just pay the difference. Have a great cruise.

Thank you! That's a good way to do it, but can I order both a mocktail and a shot at one time or will I have to wait? On Carnival I would have to wait five minutes before ordering the shot after the first drink, kwim?

26 minutes ago, PattiPB said:

Thank you! That's a good way to do it, but can I order both a mocktail and a shot at one time or will I have to wait? On Carnival I would have to wait five minutes before ordering the shot after the first drink, kwim?

You can order them at the same time, but it looks like from that bar menu, most individual shots are over $8, so you would have to pay the difference.

23 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

You can order them at the same time, but it looks like from that bar menu, most individual shots are over $8, so you would have to pay the difference.

You may be right. Previously I've read on other sites that folks on Easy package were able to order a shot of a "Well" selection of Rum and it was included in the Easy package. 

Off the subject a bit. Just returned from 9/1 cruise on Meraviglia. Had the included Easy Plus package Some of my drinks did seem a little watered down. A few times I ordered a Malibu and Pineapple. Tasted like straight pineapple juice. I got smart and started ordering an extra shot of Malibu on the side..Problem solved.