Question about Cruise First Certificate and price drop

cdoobiest

Thinking of purchasing Cruise First for upcoming July 2025 cruise.  I missed the $250 for 500 deal that seemed to end on Labor day but they still have the $150 for $300 deal.  I have 2 cabins booked for family of 4.  I will be in Balcony with my son and my wife will be in with my daughter.  Reading the terms, want to confirm I can buy one certificate and my wife will buy the other and apply towards our booking which we plan to place new deposit this week.

I have read some posts that some people have been able to keep their Cruise first credit if they find a price drop but the terms state that if the same cruise is rebooked or cancelled, the cruise first certificate will be void.  Any recent experiences with this?

Since the certificates give you an additional $150 credit, does it make sense that I don't request a price drop match unless the fare I book is at least $150 off to preserve my Cruisefirst certificate?

I booked 2 cruises using Cruise First certificates and was dubious like you as to what would happen if I saw a price drop.  However whenever I have seen a drop I have contacted my planner and he has simply refared the booking keeping the original booking number and no problems.  I have had multiple changes to the price over the last few months.  One of my trips is under half of what it was when I first booked.  I must say that I have booked in Australia do don't know it this makes it different.

We went to Iceland in July with the same setup as you for my family of four.  Used Cruise First certificates on each room when we booked it.  Before final payment the price dropped twice and my cruise guy was able to get us adjustments both times.  After final payments the price dropped again and he got us $2500 back as additional credits.  No impact at all to the Cruise First certificates we used.  We just booked another cruise as was able to use more Cruise First certificates we had as well as the credit from our prior cruise.

For our Sept 1st cruise there was a price drop of $560 dollars, my TA called and we were given FCC of $560 which was applied to our account.  Good for two years.

We had a B2B planned for next year and had used 2 Cruise First Certs (1 for each leg), and when I needed to change our trip, my PCC just changed the 1st leg to the new cruise and everything that had been paid including the Cruise First cert was transferred to the new cruise. She then put in for the payments made for the 2nd leg to transfer to the new booked cruise and then she will cancel that leg. However, the 2nd Cruise First cert will be returned to my account to use at another time, because you cannot double up on the Cruise First certs like you can with the Cruise Next Certs when they have that promotion. I must say also that this has all been done PRIOR to final payment.

2 hours ago, cdoobiest said:

Thanks for everyone's input.  I will go ahead and buy the Cruise first certificates.  Definitely worth it to save money!

WAIT A MINUTE!!! According to the terms, CruiseFirst can only be used on a new booking and if you cancel just to rebook using the CF, the certificate will be returned. If I'm reading your post correctly, you have already booked?