Aurora 22nd November

always injured

I have been looking at the price of this cruise for an inside cabin for a few weeks and could'nt decide and now it seems to be going up daily. I would like to know from you experienced cruisers if it will likely go down again closer to departure, or is there no set pattern as such. New to cruising so not sure what to do. T.I.A

15 minutes ago, always injured said:

I have been looking at the price of this cruise for an inside cabin for a few weeks and could'nt decide and now it seems to be going up daily. I would like to know from you experienced cruisers if it will likely go down again closer to departure, or is there no set pattern as such. New to cruising so not sure what to do. T.I.A

I would be surprised if the price goes down at this stage as people will have paid their balance. I think the current price for 13 nights on Aurora is pretty good (from £999 with P&O). You could do a dummy booking on the P&O web site to see what cabin availability is left.

In truth, nobody knows for certain as the previous patterns for price peaks and troughs no longer seem to apply. However, around 7-10 days after balance due date (which I’m guessing will be around now) is usually as low as it will get.

Having had a look at availability and prices, I’m inclined to agree with @yorkshirephil that the price seems quite good for Aurora. As the price difference is so small, it would be worth booking Select as the benefits are worth more than the premium over the Saver fare. if you are interested in the cruise, I’d get on and book it!

Prices seem quite good for Aurora and the cruise looks great. Many of us have done similar cruises, we certainly enjoyed ours. I don’t know what sort of cabin you are looking for. My choice for this cruise would be a balcony but of course it costs more. It seems that the only sea view cabin available is A317 which I would avoid personally because of its position. 
If you are looking to take the car parking as your extra benefit, it may be advisable to check that the parking company (CPS) has an available space for  you. If so, that or the coach (depending on where you live) may the most cost effective choice.

I like Aurora but the age profile of fellow guests will probably be quite high. There will be no under 18s on her though.

I hope this helps. 

Edited by pete14

This cruise is cheap for Aurora. I'm  on it, got an amazing solo price on an early saver for a deluxe balcony,  not allocated yet but I know where they all are and happy with any.

I booked about 18 months ago. It IS shoulder season which can mean rough in the Bay of Biscay,  but as a good sailor that doesn't worry me. Aurora is exceptionally stable in rough seas.

• Like 2

There's a cruise to the Canaries on Ventura on 5th November that I have been tracking since July. The price was stable until a week ago, (8 weeks prior to sailing, if my Maths is right) when the price for a balcony went up from £1169 to £1399 and, as of yesterday, is now £1599.This is for a saver fare on the P&O website. There seems to be a fair few empty cabins so it will be interesting to see if the price drops. BTW the price for a balcony saver price until a week ago was £1449, last week it  was £1649 and is now £1929, but when I clicked through to book it shows balconies are sold out. 

15 hours ago, Cathygh said:

There's a cruise to the Canaries on Ventura on 5th November that I have been tracking since July. The price was stable until a week ago, (8 weeks prior to sailing, if my Maths is right) when the price for a balcony went up from £1169 to £1399 and, as of yesterday, is now £1599.This is for a saver fare on the P&O website. There seems to be a fair few empty cabins so it will be interesting to see if the price drops. BTW the price for a balcony saver price until a week ago was £1449, last week it  was £1649 and is now £1929, but when I clicked through to book it shows balconies are sold out. 

There needs to be apparently available cabins to accomodate those who have booked saver fares. So even when there are available cabins showing, the cruise could be sold out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

There needs to be apparently available cabins to accomodate those who have booked saver fares. So even when there are available cabins showing, the cruise could be sold out.

Thank you, that makes sense

On 9/11/2024 at 6:04 PM, Clodia said:

This cruise is cheap for Aurora. I'm  on it, got an amazing solo price on an early saver for a deluxe balcony,  not allocated yet but I know where they all are and happy with any.

I booked about 18 months ago. It IS shoulder season which can mean rough in the Bay of Biscay,  but as a good sailor that doesn't worry me. Aurora is exceptionally stable in rough seas.

We are also on this cruise, it was booked last November.  The Bay of Biscay isn't a consideration for us because we are not affected by rough seas and as you say Aurora is a very stable ship.  We usually cruise late November/ early December to get away from the pre-Christmas madness in thd UK.

I am not sure how I will feel when we get closer to leaving because this was booked when my niece and brother in law died just before we were due to sail so we had to cancel and move the cruise to one with in12 months of the original cruise or lose the money.