Is soda for kids free at dinner?

lhegs

We will be going on the Liberty in 2 weeks :)- My question is this: Is it true that the kids get 1 free soda at dinner? I am not buying the soda card, but I've heard this to be true for carnival.

Just curious

When we were on the Victory a year ago, my 11 yr old (at the time) was given free soda. He had to ask for it and the waiter had to go to the bar (frankly I don't think he was so thrilled)...but yes for us it was true

the waiter should not be getting the bar drinks-- the bar waiter gets those. The waiter/asst waiter gets iced tea/water coffee/tea stuff like that.

But I think the free soda for kids under 12 is a thing of the past starting this year. but it wont hurt to ask.

chock milk is free...

When we sailed the Holiday August of 05, the waitor and bar waitor told us there were no free sodas for children under 12. (We learned this after we were presented the bar bill).

In 2004 when we sailed the Fascination they were free, so either there has been a change or it varies by ship.

Since Serene said 'this year', maybe they've changed their policy about this. However, on my November Paradise cruise, kids UNDER 12 could have soft drinks with dinner complimentary with their meals - only in the dining room, not at Lido buffet. And yes, the bar waiter who floats around the dining room is the one who gets the soft drinks, as well as bar drinks....your waiter never does this.

Archived