Grills Boarding Time Southampton

SwankPooch

16 minutes ago, SwankPooch said:

I would like to pre-book transportation from London hotels to Ocean Terminal.  What is the approximate time for priority boarding for the grills?  Thanks.

Check in, say, about 12.30 or earlier, boarding when the ship is ready. You may stroll straight on, or you may have to wait a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have usually stayed in Southampton (or nearby) the night before boarding. Checking out of the hotel at noon (or close to it) and going directly to the ship, we have once had to wait before entering the terminal due to some issue with staffing the security screening - at least that’s what we were told. Otherwise, we have gone directly to the Grills check-in area and from there usually through security to the ship. Once, there was a bit of a delay, maybe 15 to 20 minutes, between check-in and security. 

In answer to your direct question, Grills boarding is usually around 12:30 to 13:00 in our experience. Of course, any number of things could happen to delay it. Highly unlikely it would be any sooner.

• Thanks 1

QG always go first at around 12.30 as said, directly followed by PG. Your time will be on your boarding document, 21 days before departure.

The suite will be ready for you to drop of anything you are carrying or want to put in the safe, and then you are able to go for lunch in your dedicated restaurant.

Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

QG always go first at around 12.30 as said, directly followed by PG. Your time will be on your boarding document, 21 days before departure.

The suite will be ready for you to drop of anything you are carrying or want to put in the safe, and then you are able to go for lunch in your dedicated restaurant.

Enjoy.

Lunch doesn’t usually start until 1, so you may have time for some unpacking.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, david63 said:

To the best of my knowledge Cunard do not give a boarding time but an arrival time - the two should not be confused as they can be totally different.

That's right. They seem to be strict about arrival times for non-priority passengers at Southampton (queue outside the building). For Priority, you just show your boarding pass, walk in, and go right to check-in. After that, you either wait in a designated area if they aren't boarding yet or go directly to security and then onto the ship. 

I aim for arrival at the terminal between 11:30 and noon. That usually means a little while sitting and waiting, but I don't mind that. On my past 2 cruises, QG were called around 12:30 and PG maybe 5 minutes after that. Then Diamond after another 5-10 minutes. Platinum after that, and I don't know if Club is in the Priority area or not.

• Thanks 1