Labadee

MsKatee

I am booked for Malfini Beach on Labadee. Are there ANY trees or shade there if you want. Anything else you may know about this excursion would be helpful.

Could not find Labadee under Ports of Call, thought this was a good place to post it as it probably is part of many cruisers who are on this site too.

thanks

Labadee is not really a port of call, it is Royal Caribbean's private island beach day. It is actually a fenced-off area on a peninsula in Haiti. I was there with Explorer of the Seas a few years ago and you just take the tenders over and spend the day at a few beach areas available. You shouldn't have to book a shore tour to do this. They had some tours available like para-sailing, banana boats, jet skis, etc., but you could settle in at any beach area you wanted. There was shade if you needed that. They serve a nice buffet lunch, too. I never heard any beach names, are you sure that it's Labadee you have a shore tour in?

Yes...it is a real tour. I kinda think its a waste when like you said , its all beach, you can plop down anywhere. The person in our party likes it because it is a privately owned beach and there are a limited amount of people because you take a small boat there. peaceful and serene...I was just wondering if anyone else had been there, its called Malfini Beach. If anyone does please let me know if there is any shade at all.....Maybe I should ask Royal Caribbean, but something tells me this is a question that they will not be able to answer.

thanks, Mskatee

We went to Malfini Beach while in Labadee earlier this month. They limit the number of people that can go (we had ten) because the area is very small and secluded. Malfini Beach is actually a very small cove that is shaded on both sides, trees provide additional shade. We snorkeled and laid on beach mats for the time there. You are either in the water or on a chair because there is not much room to walk around. We relaxed and enjoyed our surroundings as it was beautiful!

There is no facilities at this area. The restroom is an outhouse building with an RV toliet.

Labadee has so much available on the main beach that we will not do Malfini Beach again.

• 2 weeks later...

Labadee is a waste of time. Their is about 10 feet of sand before you reach the water. The rest is all rocks and stone and the pavement. It is a horrible private island. We found it better to stay on board the ship and go to the Solarium. It was pratically empty because everyone was on the island.

Anyone who has rented the jet skiis on Labadee please advise on whether it was worthwhile and did you have to rent them thru the cruiseship excursions? Thanks.

you wont be able to rent anything using a private vendor on Labadee. Its all owned by Royal CAribbean. You dont have to rent before time but I suggest that you do.

The wave runners were all sold out by the time we got to the shore.

wave runners are follow the leader type of thing. You can go to the front of the line and go fast--or stay behind to go slow. you cant explore on your own.

I hav enot seen parasailing at Labadee. is that something new being offered?>

• 3 weeks later...

I hav enot seen parasailing at Labadee. is that something new being offered?>

I parasailed there in 2003 and had a wonderful time. It cost around $80 per person.

If you know you definitely want to do something like the waverunners or the parasailing, book it ahead of time through the cruise line. Otherwise, just wait and see what's available. The price is the same on the shore as it is if you book ahead of time.

• 2 weeks later...
I am booked for Malfini Beach on Labadee. Are there ANY trees or shade there if you want. Anything else you may know about this excursion would be helpful.

Could not find Labadee under Ports of Call, thought this was a good place to post it as it probably is part of many cruisers who are on this site too.

thanks

I'm cruising in Dec. and would like to book Malfini Beach for the same reason your friend wants to see it. Would you mind posting about it after your trip so I could have your opinion? It would be much appreciated. Thank you.:)

thanks

Just remembered . . . if you look at this website: webshots.com and search for Malfini Beach a number of pictures will come up taken by cruise ship guests. I copied one picture of kids sitting in the shade and I'll try to paste it here for you, if it doesn't come out, check out webshots.

ttp://community.webshots.com/photo/512999409/1513037487079180431uSuoqY

in your post you forgot to add the H in the begining. So I copied and pasted your post into my broawser and added the H.

when the pic came up I copied the web address out of my browser and into the post.

There is a lot of neat stuff you will learn as you go.

1- there is an edit button on the bottom of each of your posts for 20 minutes which allows you to go in and correct mistakes, and add some stuff. You only have 20 minutes from the time you post it to make changes--after that the botton dissappears.

2- quote button. to reposnd to a certain person on a long thread.. hit the quote button in that persons particualar post. is it rather long.. delete the message --leave whats important to what you have to save.. just leave the word quote plus the little bracets on the begining and the end.

There is a lot of neat stuff you will learn as you go.

As you can see from my 34 posts, this is all new to me as this will be my first cruise in Dec. I'm having so much fun that I can't wait to plan another cruise just to read the Boards again. I appreciate you spreading your wealth of knowledge. Have a great day and a wonderful vacation.:D

As you can see from my 17 thoushand post (I have been here since 1999 looking for new stuff for my cruise.

I still learn new stuff. But the cruise bug can bite and bite big.

I took my first cruise in 2000 - cruised 9 times since. Have two booked one for Sept and another in February, 2007- Researching to book for August 2007.

Dont forget to check the group cruises as some of these have the best possible prices around

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

• 1 month later...

thanks

We were just there last week and had an unexpected GREAT time! We parked ourselves as soon as we got there and got beach chairs (for a tip). RC BBQ lunch. Very relaxing day. BEWARE of the Haitian flea market- NEVER pay the $ they ask. The Artian (sp?) market is not pushy.

Archived