**LIVE** from MSC Seascape YC (Yacht Club) - Caribbean & Bahamas from Miami 14 September to 28 September 2024

Best Cat Mom

9 hours ago, MonsterJoe said:

I am curious to learn how your experience with Jeeto has been. 

I had forgotten that he was your butler also. He has been nice. We haven't seen him that much during the day in TSL so we guessed that his daytime shifts are probably up at the One Pool. We've barely been up there -- too hot for us.

His assistant for this cruise is Yogesh, pronounced Yogi as in Yogi the Bear (hey Boo-Boo!). He was on Divina with us for our transatlantic, but serviced the cabins just forward of ours including the Sofia Loren suite. When we first met him, he remembered us from that cruise, even though he was not our Junior Butler. We are always amazed that they can remember guests so well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

@Best Cat Mom If you are up to a slight modification to your Holiday Coffee, which I am anxious to try.  Ask Kassandra to substitute Franjelico for the Coconut rum.  

Ah the numerous ways to enjoy Bailey’s and coffee. Speaking of which, I wonder if I could get an Affogato for dessert?  It is an Italian cruise line after all. 

Or in lieu of the rum amaretto or Chambord or for the Europeans out there Creme de Cassis?

5 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

I generally don't like a crowded breakfast plate.

I am the same way.  I do not like tomato’s and or mushrooms with my breakfast plate and them them to leave them off. 

F Y I. We are safely in our hotel in Miami. 

Two photo’s from the plane on our approach

IMG_2846.thumb.jpeg.b13c9bff7481ecf2936cb0fa77cb407a.jpeg

and two from our hotel room.

IMG_2851.thumb.jpeg.2d468ac0e49ef7900329b9239d2e51e9.jpeg

IMG_2852.thumb.jpeg.147e22f40f5098a273a912a00114b8ff.jpeg

IMG_2844.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SirWolf said:

The omelette looks a little bit .. let’s say “minimalistic” .. decorating a breakfast plate in YC with a half cherry tomato.

I have to quite disagree. It’s clearly a well prepared omelette as ordered.  The fact that there are no garnishes does not diminish, in my opinion, the quality or the taste in any way.   

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I wonder if I could get an Affogato for dessert?

I believe I have read that one of the non-YC venues has it. Maybe the Venchi bar? @morpheusoftheseamight know, since he seems to be our Venchi expert.

Otherwise, we can scope it out together in a few days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Best Cat Mom said:

I believe I have read that one of the non-YC venues has it. Maybe the Venchi bar? @morpheusoftheseamight know, since he seems to be our Venchi expert.

Otherwise, we can scope it out together in a few days.

I took this photo some cruise prior to this one. Prices and offerings do change.

P.S. I recommend your last statement. Scope it all out together.

P.P.S. It is pronounced Ven Key. (Oh but you already knew that being 1/2 Italian).

AFFOGATO.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Tomorrow I go back to being an armchair Ultracrepidarian instead of a cruising one.

Where is the 'angry' emoji? They should gift you with an extension. You have done so much to build up positive energy for YC on MSC.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I took this photo some cruise prior to this one. Prices and offerings do change.

P.S. I recommend your last statement. Scope it all out together.

P.P.S. It is pronounced Ven Key. (Oh but you already knew that being 1/2 Italian).

Grazie! I think I recall someone on the board mentioned ordering ice cream in the YC restaurant with espresso on top and maybe Kahlua also? Was that you, @DaKahuna?

PS: Sounds like a plan!

PPS: Si, lo so. 🙂 I hate having to explain state-side that bruschetta is pronounced "broo-skay-ta" and not-not-not "broo-shetta" because 'ch' in Italian = English 'k.'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Great to hear! We are just back from lunch on Ocean Cay and rejoicing that we do not have to pack tonight. Please remind me of that when I'm in tears next Friday evening. 😉

I’ll order you a Sidecar to help you wash away your tears. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

I think I recall someone on the board mentioned ordering ice cream in the YC restaurant with espresso on top and maybe Kahlua also? Was that you,

I ordered gelato, shot of espresso, and Bailey’s in Luminae.  Have not done it yet in the YC but I have the idea firmly in mind for sometime in the next 14 days. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Grazie! I think I recall someone on the board mentioned ordering ice cream in the YC restaurant with espresso on top and maybe Kahlua also? Was that you, @DaKahuna?

PS: Sounds like a plan!

PPS: Si, lo so. 🙂 I hate having to explain state-side that bruschetta is pronounced "broo-skay-ta" and not-not-not "broo-shetta" because 'ch' in Italian = English 'k.'

As a passionate cook and Italian cuisine aficionado, 'brushetta' makes my skin crawl, perhaps only less so than 'expresso'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cjkfree said:

Ha - see?  Too many Seascape threads to keep up with.  Meant to comment this on @DaKahuna thread. 

I do it all the time. Sometimes I am even accused of hijacking a thread doing this. And then others tell me the thread has nothing to do with Yacht Club, go back to where you came from...YC.

P.S. This feeds into my ulterior motive.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Cjkfree said:

Will be following along!  I may have to take my evening drink outside in the humidity with a fan blowing on me while I catch up on all the Seascape threads - make me feel like I’m there too. 

Lucky you - the leaves are turning here - no such opportunity for evocative translocation.

May be an image of nature and road

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I have to quite disagree. It’s clearly a well prepared omelette as ordered.  The fact that there are no garnishes does not diminish, in my opinion, the quality or the taste in any way.   

Quoting just part of my message and replying with a comment not related to my post .. Great Job 👍🏻

Where in my reply did I mentioned the quality or taste of the omelette ? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bon voyage and enjoy your cruise.

3 hours ago, SirWolf said:

Quoting just part of my message and replying with a comment not related to my post .. Great Job 👍🏻

Where in my reply did I mentioned the quality or taste of the omelette ? 🤷🏻‍♂️

You did not but if I offended then I apologize. I guess I read too much into your comment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1