Cunard Staffing Levels/Crew Standards

Log Flumer

46 minutes ago, Log Flumer said:

The whole 'pre-baked' thing does feel somewhat disingenuous, particularly as it leaves you wondering how much kitchen activity is 'cooking', and how much is reheating...

Agree except there is no reheating happening. The dinner rolls are hard and not warmed. The croissants and pastries are not heated either so no pastry flakiness. Do not bother with toast at breakfast as it is toasted to a crisp and sometimes burnt. 

8 minutes ago, RK-NC said:

Agree except there is no reheating happening. The dinner rolls are hard and not warmed. The croissants and pastries are not heated either so no pastry flakiness. Do not bother with toast at breakfast as it is toasted to a crisp and sometimes burnt. 

Golly, I wish our QA room service breakfast toast was crispy.

I wrote on the form 'toast, not warm bread!!!😄

The QA lunch and dinner rolls [ I don't have any so this is from my husband] are absolutely fine

or

they were on QA May and July.

Some of the rills are hard but that's the nature of the roll. The softer ones weren't as hard and the cheesy rolls, great.

I can recommend the jammy doughnuts as long as you don't mention the fact you like them. Then there's a spot of doughnut overwhelming until you admit defeat and say stop! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I had the most amazing cheese rolls on QM2 last week. Never had them before across any of the fleet. Had to have two. Soft and cheesy. 

Grills or Britannia? We've been on board for 26 days and have had no cheese rolls.

3 hours ago, Log Flumer said:

it leaves you wondering how much kitchen activity is 'cooking', and how much is reheating..

And don't forget that it is not just "cooking" but mixing, portioning, proving before it goes anywhere near an oven - all of which takes time and manpower

6 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

IMG_4988.jpeg

That is good news they are available in Britannia. Whenever I have asked for them in Britannia or Britannia Club I have been told: "Sorry, only in the Grills."   The one in your photo looks to have more cheese than those I have had in the Grills. 

4 hours ago, sucramdi said:

Is beef wellington still part of the menu rotation in Britannia for gala nights? 

It was on Queen Anne in August, the third (and final) gala night of a 10 night cruise. It was also in the Artisan's Foodhall (buffet) which I've never seen before on Cunard, so took a photo. It wasn't even a gala night, it was the last night before arriving back into Southampton!

Despite already having dinner, I forced myself to try some. 

20240827_200647.thumb.jpg.b69053942526423cc88b3df67a5e74ab.jpg

Edited by NavyPanda
  • Like 4