How many train stops

Tina80

We will be traveling from Civitavecchia to Milan centrale on a Freccia train, trying to go and stand next to my suitcase at each stop since it would be from our seats.

1) Was wondering how many stops will be between these two locations?

2) Also, what will happen if we miss our train? Can we get on the next one?

3) Will we be able to cancel the train tickets and get a refund?

Thank you

Edited by Tina80

You can only use the ticket on the train for which it was issued.  Depending on the fare class and conditions you purchased the ticket under, you may or may not be able to change the ticket.

If you share the train number I can tell you the stops, but almost all of the Frecces I'm seeing from Civitavecchia to Milano Centrale require a change en route.

3 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

You can only use the ticket on the train for which it was issued.  Depending on the fare class and conditions you purchased the ticket under, you may or may not be able to change the ticket.

If you share the train number I can tell you the stops, but almost all of the Frecces I'm seeing from Civitavecchia to Milano Centrale require a change en route.

Sure, thank you. It's Train: FrecciaBianca 8601.

We also have purchased other train tickets, are the ticket trains usually refundable? I tried to request the refund on their website but the search remains spinning and no result!

Whether or not they are refundable depends on how they were bought, under what terms and conditions.  If they are discounted, usually you can't change them or get a refund, except in specific circumstances.

Frecciabianca #8601 goes to Rome Termini.  There are no stops enroute.

What is your second train, the one to Milano?

Imagine the faces of other travellers when they will see somebody standing by their stuff at every stop without a reason. Without mentioning those in line to take their luggage and get off who will wonder why there is somebody blocking the aisle without getting off. Or the "other American" travelling in the same car who will be worried because there is a strange woman standing next to their baggage.

I can hear Italians saying "Americans..." from here. One of the great questions of the Universe is: "Why are Americans so sure there is a market for their passports and their oversized, multicolored, polyester-made, 2nd hand underwear?" 

• Haha 1

I think you are grossly overestimating how much anyone on that train will care, unless, to your point, someone is blocking their way, which I'm sure Tina will not.

But gosh, welcome to Cruise Critic.  You don't need to take the name too literally.

Edited by euro cruiser

39 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

I think you are grossly overestimating how much anyone on that train will care, unless, to your point, someone is blocking their way, which I'm sure Tina will not.

But gosh, welcome to Cruise Critic.  You don't need to take the name too literally.

Very well said, thanks much. I really appreciate it. 

3 hours ago, Denversail said:

I've also seen others comment about bringing a bike lock and locking it to the luggage rack to prevent it from being stolen.

Yes, I saw those comments too and thought what a great idea, then saw another comment saying what if the lock doesn't open and you miss your stop because the suitcase is attachdd to the rack. So, that got me worried

3 minutes ago, Tina80 said:

Yes, I saw those comments too and thought what a great idea, then saw another comment saying what if the lock doesn't open and you miss your stop because the suitcase is attachdd to the rack. So, that got me worried

Haha… I can see we are similar humans. I’ve also had anxiety over this issue since researching my trip to Europe. I’ve never thought much about pick pockets until this. I even found myself thinking about it when I was in Vegas last week. I’ve been to Vegas hundreds of times and never thought about before. I think the talk on the subject is magnified on sites like this. Just take a deep breath, keep all your valuables on you and secure. Take some precautions and be alert. It will be fine. If your bag gets stolen you lose some clothing. I hope you enjoy your vacation!

8 minutes ago, Denversail said:

Haha… I can see we are similar humans. I’ve also had anxiety over this issue since researching my trip to Europe. I’ve never thought much about pick pockets until this. I even found myself thinking about it when I was in Vegas last week. I’ve been to Vegas hundreds of times and never thought about before. I think the talk on the subject is magnified on sites like this. Just take a deep breath, keep all your valuables on you and secure. Take some precautions and be alert. It will be fine. If your bag gets stolen you lose some clothing. I hope you enjoy your vacation!

I appreciate your comment, this is so true. Thank you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tina80 said:

I appreciate your comment, this is so true. Thank you!

I took the lock problem one step further that I would never be able to unlock it and eventually be forced to abandon it on the train. I too won’t be bringing the lock. 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Denversail said:

I took the lock problem one step further that I would never be able to unlock it and eventually be forced to abandon it on the train. I too won’t be bringing the lock. 🤣🤣

Wait, this really happened??

2 hours ago, Denversail said:

I’ve also had anxiety over this issue since researching my trip to Europe. I’ve never thought much about pick pockets until this. I even found myself thinking about it when I was in Vegas last week. I’ve been to Vegas hundreds of times and never thought about before. I think the talk on the subject is magnified on sites like this. Just take a deep breath, keep all your valuables on you and secure. Take some precautions and be alert. It will be fine. If your bag gets stolen you lose some clothing. I hope you enjoy your vacation!

Yes and no.  Pickpocketing is not a concern most Americans ever think about, because it's not as big of an issue here as in Europe.  Pickpocketing actually takes some skill, some practice, real intent.  American thieves, to my observation, are unwilling to invest the time and effort into becoming good pickpockets.  It's much easier to use a weapon and demand what you want, vs. use skill and distraction to steal it.

European pickpockets are not, for the most part, interested in your big bags.  They want the small things that are easy to conceal on their person and get away with, unnoticed.  They don't want to drag your big heavy bag (that practically screams "American") off the train.  Being fleet of foot is part of their profession, a big bag would just slow them down and make them noticeable.

If, on the other hand, you foolishly open that big bag and place your $3000 laptop inside it in full view of other passengers, well, then all bets are off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denversail said:

Exactly!  While pick pockets and petty theft can be a problem in some European cities if not careful, one is much more likely to experience a violent crime in a US city than in Europe.  The numbers of murders, rape, shootings, stabbings are much higher in the US than in Europe, particularly gun violence.

• Like 1