Miracle or Glory?

odiesam

We are considering Carnival for the first time having sailed Royal Carib twice. Both the Miracle and Glory look best for the dates we are looking at. Does anyone have a strong preference for either? We are a mid 40s couple with a 12 year old son. Are also considering Princess if anyone has experience to compare.

Thanks.

While I haven't sailed on the Miracle, I thoroughly enjoyed my Glory cruise. Like the Miracle, it's a newer ship and in great shape. I really have no complaints about the ship, crew, food, entertainment, etc. The only real downside was a slow debarkation, but we still made it to the airport with lots of time to spare.

Seems like a lot of people prefer the Miracle because of the layout and fewer number of passengers. Personally, I didn't feel like the Glory was all that crowded, so it didn't bother me.

What about the itineraries of each? Does one appeal to you more?

Carnival Glory - 5/15/04

Imagination - 4/00

That sounds like "Which is better: Marvelous or Wonderful?"

I too would look hard at itinerary, sail dates, cost, etc....they're both marvelously wonderful ships for a first time.

They both compare favorably to both Royal Caribbean and Princess but, to me, the logical progression would be Carnival then Princess later on, when your son is a bit older. Both lines have good kids programs but both could be pale in comparison to the the extreme features (which seem to stick in kids minds whether they use them or not) of RCCL. Carnival gets the nod on kids programs but not by much.

As far as you are concerned, traveling as a family, I think it's a coin toss between the two lines.

If I had to make the choice I'd vote for Miracle but there are some die-hard Glory fans here that might bark about that choice.

Good question

Happy Cruising

Chris

Chris@LifeIsCruising.com

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Now Playing-

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Coming Attractions-

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Sapphire Princess June '05

Caribbean Princess 09/17/05

(CC Hounds Group)

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

(CC Vampire Group)

I just arrived home today from our cruise on the Miracle, I loved it! I haven't been on the Glory so I cannot compare the two. There where 900+ kids of all different ages and plenty for them to do, we took our 3 young children and they loved the pool, camp carnival, waterslide, 24 hour a day pizza and most of all the dolphin encounter in Freeport. This was my 3rd carnival cruise (1st with the kids) and I am planning another but from now on I will be on the newer ships.

The 1 thing that stood out was how happy and friendly the staff on the miracle are, everyone was smiling even when guest were treating them poorly. The crew would stop and talk to my children everywhere we went, our room steward gave each of them a past guest pin, The wait staff in Horatio's on the Lido deck would help them bring food to the table, carry drinks etc...

Sorry for going on and on.....I am exhausted and somewhat sea sick on land (this is a first)!

Let me know if you want any info on the miracle I'll do my best to answer any Q's you have.

Lilla

Thanks for the opinions. Both ships are traveling the western itinerary the week we are looking at.

We booked the Miracle based on the smaller size after having done the Voyager class 2x we thought a smaller ship might be a nice change.

It looks like we made a good choice!

I also just got back from the Miracle. DH and I were actually booked on the Glory, but switched to the Miracle when her sail dates were announced. I just didn't want to deal will all those people on a mega ship! And since I loved the Legend last year, I wanted to go on another Spirit class ship. Also, since we live in Boston, NYC was closer for us to sail from than flying to Florida.The cruise itself was wonderful, but after a nightmare debarkation I do NOT want to cruise out of the NYC Cruise terminal until there are MAJOR improvements!

*******Proud member of O.A.T.C.******

inlove.gif

6/2004 Carnival Miracle

2nd Anniversary

6/2003 Carnival Legend

1st Anniversary

6/2002 Celebrity Mercury

Honeymoon

inlove.gif

I was on Miracle back in april and I found the shows, entertainment in lounges and the food in the dinningroom was all topnotch. I felt Carnival had pulled out all the stops and put her best crew on this ship because it was brand new. so I througly loved that cruise and found it was much nicer then my other Carnival cruises.

Now Glory is only maybe 2 years old so maybe they do the same for her. Look at ittinearies. Now I did Inpiration last year which has the ittenary Miracle will have in Nov. Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, cozumel and Belize. It was very nice. Now Glory alternates itinearies between eastern and western carribean. I think Glory goes to Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and then you do Key West instead of Costa Maya. I liked Key West also so I guess it is what you prefer.

Carnival Tropicale 10/15/98 Western Caribbean

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/22/99 Bahamas

Carnival Fascination 09/23/00 Southern caribbean

HAL Statendam 05/20/01 Alaska

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/08/01 Bahamas

Pacific Princess 09/29/02 Bermuda

Carnival Inspiration 12/14/03 Western caribbean

Carnival Miracle 04/09/04 Bahamas

Archived