Just off Valiant Lady as Mega Rockstars and it was kind of disappointing.

valandemmy

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

From memory you had your mega rockstar agent bringing you cookies or something each night. Why shouldn’t the OP expect a similar level of service?

It seems like you just want to argue rather than understand why the OP was disappointed that the level of service didn’t match what others (including yourself) have received in the past.

We didn't ask for cookies & milk. We mentioned that we normally had them at home each night in conversation.

As for only wanting to argue, that's not the case at all.

#1: I don't want an agent to get in trouble for not doing something they didn't have to do or couldn't do for whatever reason.

#2: I'd like to stop the furthering of the assumption that Mega Rock Stars can ask for and get whatever they want. I've pretty much chipped away at most of the OPs complaints except for not getting back about the allergies.

And with that, I'm going to walk away from this.

Time to start packing so I can compare a normal rock star experience to our past mega experience.

Edited by Eric&Pam
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eric&Pam said:

He mentioned several times the verbiage that an agent would be at their service. "no matter the ask"

I don’t see the OP seeing any such thing? They seem to have had fairly reasonable expectations based on previous reviews of mega rockstar service.

On 9/14/2024 at 4:57 PM, valandemmy said:

As far as the trip itself went we had a great time, the happenings cast were very good and interacted with everyone very well.  Shows were fantastic and it seemed as if they had added a few more things to do during the day.  

We met our rockstar agent once onboard she came to the room, she read the list of things that were included as megas.  She knew i had requested woodford and said that she would bring that by later along with our diet coke.  the coke showed up but never got the woodford and it was not mentioned again.  I had also asked about having some in room dining from one of the restaurants because we would like to eat on our balcony one night and I was told we could order from the ship eats menu...umm OK, i guess.  on the 3rd day, I had asked through the APP about a possible tour of the bridge mentioning that I had read on CC that Mega's were some times allowed to take a tour.  she responded with its $200/pp for a 10 stop tour that included the bridge as well - well, thanks anyway!  the final straw was THE SHIP SHOW menu had a lot of tree nuts in it.  my wife has a tree nut allergy...so I had called early in the day to ask about and if she could have an alternate menu to be safe.  She told me she would check on it and get back to me.  we never heard back from her about it...so ended up having to no show and eat in the galley.  We had made friends with another couple that were staying as mega's and had the same RSA and they were having a very similar experience.. 

Anyway it didn't ruin the cruise, but will most likely not stay as a mega anytime in the future because of this.

With respect to the OP, it doesn't hurt to remind your agent. (We are new to VV, so I'm just speaking from experience on other lines like MSC where you get a butler in the Yacht Club.) Maybe it would have been worth reminding the agent about the Woodford bourbon, or the Ship Eats, or the nut allergy issue, or anything else, for that matter. I imagine that Rock Star Agents have multiple guests to take care of, so the possibility that your agent might have forgotten something should be taken into account. I doubt I would be pessimistic about the entire experience (and post about it on Cruise Critic) if I didn't at least give the person a second or third chance. For example, on our MSC cruise in January, I asked if our butler could replace some of the Nespresso coffee capsules with all of a particular blend (instead of the variety pack we received by default). I asked a second time and it was promptly taken care of. We had to ask twice to get ice, but that's not a huge deal. Now I know there will those who are tempted to say "how many times do we have to ask?" My answer: as many as it takes. Please don't be one of those entitled individuals who acts like you're being asked to give up your firstborn child because you had to ask twice for something (the horror!). 😉 

To @Eric&Pam Happy Packing! And enjoy your cruise. 🙂 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eric&Pam said:

Post #38 is the first mention:

Screenshot2024-09-23at10_11_07AM.thumb.png.1e17ab28b35342d1f0a3effb8b564362.png

And that is a direct quote from the VV website and I think you’ve spent a good part of this thread stating people should only expect what is promised on the website. The OP didn’t go on their cruise expecting “whatever the ask”, they found that on the website in answer to you asking for questions. The expectations in the first post on this thread seem sensibly set based on other reviews. 

Similarly based on your review where you happened to mention cookies and your agent made it happen, the OP mentioned a particular bourbon and their agent didn’t do anything about it. 

As I’ve said before it’s about VV ensuring consistency of service between agents so everyone gets a comparable experience. It’s not even about VV promising “whatever the ask”.

I hope you get a better agent on your upcoming cruise than the OP.

• Like 1

I'll add something else.  People do make mistakes, and most often that is not the end of the world.

The exception in the above thread is the tree nut issue--that is very serious (or could be if missed), and we were asked about allergies at every sit down breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner, The Dock, ....and even pizza and ice cream.

As to mistakes......On my last cruise, I decided I wanted to take advantage of the laundry service and take my stuff home clean.  I asked when was the latest I could send laundry to get it back in time to have luggage ready  for the last night.  When we came back to the cabin after dinner, I was met by our stateroom host with major apologies (and he wasn't the person who had given me the info).  He said that he'd need our luggage that night in order to have it back on time.  NOT a big deal; the guy who told us the next morning would be OK made a mistake.  The only problem was that I had my bracelet in my pants pocket and sent that to the laundry.  Response to that was a laugh and "It isn't the first time that has happened."