Amtrak station Orlando

skings

Hi I am 81 with a walker and suitcase. Returning to Port Canaveral December 7th on Adventure of the Seas. I have not cruised out of this port in several years. Need help getting to my home in Punta Gorda (between Sarasota and Ft Myers. There is no direct transportion now since CruiseConnection does not go to our area anymore. My question is do you think I would be able to catch the Amtrak bus that is scheduled to leave Orlando station 1:00PM (if train is on time) What shuttle time to book with Royal storing my bag night before? I cannot do self assist. When arriving at MCO I would use Uber or Lyft to Amtrak station.

I am afraid you are setting yourself up for significant challenges. At MCO, you’ll need to get from the bus drop off to Uber/Lyft pickup.

There is not likely to be luggage assistance at the Orlando Amtrak station.

From a timing perspective, it should be OK if you’re efficient. It’s 12 mile/25 minutes’ ride between the two. A car departing MCO at 12 should get to the Amtrak station before 12:30.

5 hours ago, skings said:

Hi I am 81 with a walker and suitcase. Returning to Port Canaveral December 7th on Adventure of the Seas. I have not cruised out of this port in several years. Need help getting to my home in Punta Gorda (between Sarasota and Ft Myers. There is no direct transportion now since CruiseConnection does not go to our area anymore. My question is do you think I would be able to catch the Amtrak bus that is scheduled to leave Orlando station 1:00PM (if train is on time) What shuttle time to book with Royal storing my bag night before? I cannot do self assist. When arriving at MCO I would use Uber or Lyft to Amtrak station.

How did you get from your home to the port for your cruise?

Is there a bus from Orlando Amtrak to Punta Gorda? From what I see on that date, you would take an Amtrak train to Tampa Amtrak and then a bus from Tampa Amtrak to where you live. But that train departs Orlando Amtrak at 10:47am. I did not see a direct Orlando-Punta Gorda bus.