Any recent positive information on using the BOGO air?

On 9/14/2024 at 10:08 PM, diverdon48371 said:

I tried doing searches, but did not find any recent post on the BOGO air.

I booked our Feb 16 cruise with the BOGO air promotion, but I'm having second thoughts. The positive is the airfare is $560 for two round trip tickets, less than half the price I can find flights online. The negative is I have no control on which airline would be used, how seat assignment work, would I be able to sit by my wife, and the flight times. I really don't want to get stuck with a late flight and have to wait at the airport all day.

We just got back from an Alaska cruise on princess and used their air program, but they run theirs a little different. Princess allows you to select the flights you want and then I was able to go into the airline's website a buy my seats.

Any experiences using this NCL promotion (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance

Don

NCL's kinda stinks.  not like Celebrity at all.  our flight home left Miami at 10pm.  i would avoid if possible.

I'm on the Bliss TA in January and used NCL BOGO (actually 50% off, as I'm solo). Got great flights, same as I would have booked for myself, but at half the cost. Others on the Roll Call also seem happy with their flights. 

I think most of the time they're fine, but there's always crappy connections or times, and those are the ones you hear about most.

On 10/14/2024 at 2:12 PM, Gatordad1967 said:

NCL's kinda stinks.  not like Celebrity at all.  our flight home left Miami at 10pm.  i would avoid if possible.

I just booked NCL Bogo, Round trip on our TA cruise to Europe. I am saving over $2000 with NCL. So if that is what it takes, leaving at 10PM to save that much money, count me in.

NCL Bogo can be hit or miss. We have used it 3 times. Twice from Florida to Europe and back and it worked out great. Once from Florida to Seattle and back and it was terrible. The reason it was terrible was because the flight didn't leave Seattle until 11pm to come back home. I would not hesitate to use it for your flight although like others have said use the 1 day deviation.

Whether it is a fit or not really depends on where you are located, your flexibility, where your destination is and how you like to travel.

In our case we are 60 minutes from EWR, 40 from PHL, and 90 from JFK so can almost always have a nonstop flight option and I will not connect to save money if a nonstop is available.

Also, always cruise in Europe and won't fly transatlantic or transpacific except in business class - occasionally premium economy on transatlantic.

I want to choose my flights, seats, etc. and have full control of my reservation.

Given all of this, it would fit.  A lot of times those who end up frustrated with it, didn't read the details and don't fully understand the terms and limitation of choice it entails in exchange for potential savings so end up disappointed.

do a flight search for your air itinerary as if you were purchasing on your own.  See what the worst flights are ( time/and number of stops).  NCL says that will will use no more than 2 stops.  Once yu see all the flight options, you will e able to make a decision of the bad flights will be ok or just book the flights you want.  I have only used the BOGO once, and it was good.  Once I got the airline confirmation from the carrier, I went onto their website to book my seats, and pay for any upgrades.