I’m On The Fabulous Firenze! A Review With Pics.

LaRue1975

On 9/15/2024 at 11:03 PM, Journey11 said:

Thanks for the info and great pictures.

I hadn’t given any thought to this ship.

But now I’m curious. Will follow your review.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.😊

Definitely keep it in consideration. If it had a Havana area like the Vista Class ships it would be perfect. They don’t have a pool in the similar area and they open it to the rest of the passengers in the evenings. 

On 9/16/2024 at 12:41 AM, wrightkj said:

Still qualifies as a GIRLS trip! Have fun!

You are correct, we have felt like girls this trip. You should have seen us dancing on the boat on the way back from the beach yesterday. We’re having a ball! 🥳🥂🍾🥂🥳

• Like 3

On 9/16/2024 at 10:17 AM, MistyRo76 said:

I am considering this ship out of LB for a cruise in 2026 to celebrate my 50th birthday! It may end up being a girls' cruise as well! So I'm excited to follow along with your voyage! Your pics to start are great! I hope you have an amazing time with your girls! 

The Firenze is perfect for a girls cruise and 50th birthday. It feels special and more elegant compared to the other Carnival ships. The crew is top notch too. Have fun planning! 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 1:42 PM, TravelE said:

I had the black photo problem using my iPhone. I found that it went away if I changed the camera settings to make the file size smaller.

Go to

Settings -> Camera (scroll down to find it) -> Formats -> Choose High Efficiency and under Photo Capture, change from 24 MP to 12 MP.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips! I couldn’t quite figure out to do that but I did stop using the magic button to enhance the color in my photos and some I had to crop to get them to load. I think there has been fewer people on the WIFI the past couple of days which helps. I can’t wait to post the photos of our beach excursion, should have time after we get back this afternoon. 

• Like 4

On 9/16/2024 at 1:46 PM, LaRue1975 said:

After unpacking we enjoyed the Sailaway Party from the Pergola Bar on the Panorama deck. The cruise director and fun squad did a great job so I’m looking forward to the 80s Rock & Glow Party tonight. The staterooms are basically the standard Carnival stateroom with some nice upgrades. The shower is 100% better, I liked it even better than the one on the Celebration. It seems roomier and easier to get in and out of the water pressure is the best I have ever had on a cruise ship. The decor is much nicer too, the drapes have tie backs and are truly black out which is a huge improvement. Also there is a motion light on the bottom of the closet which is very beneficial when you have to find the bathroom in the middle of night. That coffee table has done some damage to my toes in the past, not this cruise! 😜

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_8121.jpeg

IMG_8124.jpeg

IMG_8125.jpeg

IMG_8126.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Beautiful photo of Firenze, wish the pillows didn't hide Ponte Vecchio!

• Like 1

On 9/15/2024 at 9:37 PM, LaRue1975 said:

Hello from the Fabulous Firenze! I boarded yesterday with two girlfriends, we all qualify for Medicare so can’t quite call it a girls trip! 😜 Boarding was delayed and the usual cluster you get in Long Beach. It’s funny reading all the comments on the Facebook group for this cruise complaining that this is the worst embarkation experience they have ever had, welcome to Long Beach! The ship is drop dead gorgeous and definitely a different vibe, more relaxed and chill I think. We had lunch in the dining room. We thought it would be traditional table service but it was a buffet and actually quite nice. The food was good, basically a smaller version of the Marketplace Buffet but it was much nicer due to the beautiful setting and relaxed atmosphere. There was silverware and cloth napkins on the tables and I was happy to get a chance to get pics of Michelangelo dining room. Now I need to get ready for Elegant Night but will be back later with more pics from our first two days. I am really enjoying cruising Italian style! 😎🛳️😎

IMG_8069.jpeg

IMG_8072.jpeg

IMG_8064.jpeg

IMG_8062.jpeg

IMG_8061.jpeg

IMG_8065.jpeg

IMG_8066.jpeg

IMG_8076.jpeg

IMG_8074.jpeg

IMG_8060.jpeg

IMG_8078.jpeg

What a gorgeous dining room.  Glad to see they included David, even though he's already on Pride, since the original is in Firenze.

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, the Firenze will be spectacular decorated for Christmas, enjoy! The sandwiches at La Strada are premade. Because we caught it just before they closed the bread was rock hard. The garlic bread was fresh and delicious so I moved the meats there. 😋

23 hours ago, dctravel said:

Thanks for doing this! We sail on Firenze for Christmas and I love getting a feel for the ship before we depart.

Are the sandwiches  at La Strada pre-made or can they be customized?

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 8:09 PM, rainbowflag said:

"we enjoyed the Sailaway Party from the Pergola Bar on the Panorama deck."  " The Panorama Deck is mostly covered and has many great areas to sit comfortably and relax with in indoor/outdoor feel. The Pergola Bar is right in the middle on the Port side" 

The Pergola Bar was located on deck 11,called the Sun Deck, when we sailed Firenze. Panorama Deck is all cabins.

Thanks for the great photos, you took many more than we did 🙂 

On the deck plans it just says deck 11. I called it Panorama because that!s what it is on the other ships. Glad you’re enjoying pics, I hope to catch up eventually. Guess I’m too busy having fun! 😜🥳🥳

• Like 3

13 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

Wonderful pictures of the Firenze!  The three of you are beautiful ladies and look like you all are so happy & having a great cruise.  I thought I really didn't care for the Firenze and would not sail on her again BUT your pictures are changing my mind.  I am from Vegas and it is a nice drive down to Long Beach for a cruise.  I think I may reconsider and look for another five day cruise.  So happy you are sharing with us.  My husband found a bartender at this bar that mixed up a manhatten that he loved.  We stopped by a few times to visit her!

Aw, thank you so much, we really are having a wonderful time! I am surprised how much I like this ship, wish I would have booked more on her. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

Oh my gosh, the Firenze will be spectacular decorated for Christmas, enjoy! The sandwiches at La Strada are premade. Because we caught it just before they closed the bread was rock hard. The garlic bread was fresh and delicious so I moved the meats there. 😋

Thanks! My son has a dairy allergy, so I want to manage expectations about what they might or might not be able to do!

• Like 1

Enjoying your review and photos!  Bringing back great memories of our time on the Firenze in July. The 7 day looks amazing and hope to do a longer voyage on Firenze in the future.

Agree on the Frizzante Bar staff-lots of fun and always up for shenanigans, lead by Suri!  

Loved seeing the photos of Suri in Frizzante and Lewis in Il Viaggio as well as the amazing food and drinks! Looks like a great trip!  If it's not too much trouble, would be curious how long they'll be onboard.  Hoping to plan another Firenze voyage soon and looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

• Like 2

Tuesday in Puerto Vallarta we did the Exclusive Majahuitas Beach Cove excursion. I think it is the best Carnival Excursion we have ever done, everything was wonderful! We were met by the guides on the pier and it was a short walk to our catamaran. It was about an hour to the beach cove and a very nice ride. We sat on top under the shade and as soon as we left the dock they came around with trays of cocktails, let’s get the party started! I think it was Margaritas, Cosmos, Mai Tais, Pina Coladas, Tequila Sunrises and two or three kinds of beer. The crew was super fun and they had the boat rocking with good music. 

The Cove was spectacular, it felt like we were approaching a secluded beach in the Caribbean. As we boarded the catamaran they had asked our names and number and people in our party and promised we would have our table reserved with a sign with our name on it. Once off the boat we couldn’t wait to keep the party going.! 🥳😎🥳

IMG_8251.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Edited by LaRue1975
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The beach was set up with seating areas that included comfortable couches, chairs, coffee tables and stools. Almost everything was covered with shade and the bar was right behind the seating. Our server appeared as soon as we sat down and they had about every drink you could think of available. After the first drink when we asked for an extra they just started making our drinks stronger, lol! Lunch was absolutely delicious! They served grilled chicken, shrimp and steak with rice, veggies and warm fresh tortillas. They had kayaks and paddle boards available and everything was well run and super organized. I think we stayed about three hours before it was time load up and head back to our ship. They were able to beach the catamaran and drop the gangway on the beach so getting on and off was a breeze. 

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_8270.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

IMG_8290.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_8299.jpeg

IMG_8301.jpeg

IMG_8310.jpeg

IMG_8304.jpeg

IMG_8303.jpeg

IMG_8313.jpeg

IMG_8316.jpeg

• Like 6

The ride back was so much fun! The drinks were still flowing and the dancing started right away. Then the crew put on one heck of a show. It was just lip sinking and air guitaring but incredibly entertaining. They had good costumes and gave it their all and the crowd went wild! First up was the Blues Brothers, then ZZ Top and Bon Jovi. They also had a very acrobatic break dancer that did some incredible moves. He moved so fast I wasn’t able to get good pics. So our absolutely perfect day ended with bang and a good time was had by all! 

IMG_8326.jpeg

IMG_8327.jpeg

IMG_8328.jpeg

IMG_8335.jpeg

IMG_8333.jpeg

IMG_8338.jpeg

IMG_8343.jpeg

IMG_8342.jpeg

IMG_8347.jpeg

IMG_8346.jpeg

IMG_8349.jpeg

IMG_8352.jpeg