How to get MDR likely Menus for the 4 MDRs: Cosmopolitan/Normandie/Tuscan/Cyprus

Kordy

I'm sailing on the Celebrity Ascent in Dec'24 and I'm trying to plan which day I should book specialty restaurants and which day I should stay in the 4 MDRs.  This will depend on the menus in the 4 MDRs ... eg if the MDR has good dishes that I like, I won't do the Specialty that day, but if the MDR has nothing special, that's my day to do the Specialty, eg: Eden.

With that said, does anyone have a way to see the likely MDR menus ahead of the time, for each of the days?

My cruise has 3 days at sea and here is the itinerary: https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-details/7-night-western-caribbean-cruise-from-fort-lauderdale-florida

Any guidance you have will be appreciated?  If the menus are not available yet, are there some guidelines - eg: chic night has better food usually, or days at sea, they give a steak or lobster?  That way I can decide the best day for the specialty restaurant.

I'm only looking to book 1 or 2 specialty restaurants... the rest is MDRs.

Thank you!

Also I have had the menus seen on the app weeks prior change in order when getting on the ship.  Overall I do not stress so much about it and find the day I want to do the specialty and book it.  The only days I dont when in Caribbean is days I know will be long beach days and will be very tired after being out in sun and stuff all day.  

The Ascent is in Europe right now and will transition to the Caribbean in the fall. Use the app when it does, and check the dining menus for a similar (or ideally identical) itinerary. Lobster night is on the second evening chic night on a sailing over 6 nights. Itineraries with fewer days don’t have lobster on the menu. 

21 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

The Ascent is in Europe right now and will transition to the Caribbean in the fall. Use the app when it does, and check the dining menus for a similar (or ideally identical) itinerary. Lobster night is on the second evening chic night on a sailing over 6 nights. Itineraries with fewer days don’t have lobster on the menu. 

Thank you - this is a great tip as I want to catch the lobster in the MDR.

When are the 2 chic nights, on a 7-day Western-Caribbean cruise? (Bimini/Falmouth/Cayman with 3 days at sea). EG: days at sea?

Am I right to assume that the dishes in the MDR are the most elevated during the chic nights?

11 minutes ago, Kordy said:

Thank you - this is a great tip as I want to catch the lobster in the MDR.

When are the 2 chic nights, on a 7-day Western-Caribbean cruise? (Bimini/Falmouth/Cayman with 3 days at sea). EG: days at sea?

Am I right to assume that the dishes in the MDR are the most elevated during the chic nights?

I’m personally unfamiliar with the E-class ships. As far as chic nights being most elevated it really comes down to your own tastes. And unfortunately, it comes down to itinerary as to when the chic nights fall. They will never be on the first or last night. They will not be on a night where there’s a late departure from port.  They will be on a sea day if possible. Quite often they will be on day 2 and 6 on a 7- night Caribbean itinerary. That’s why following the current sailings on your particular ship can be so helpful. 

We were on the Ascent for the 12 night cruise finishing on Saturday morning last weekend in Barcelona. There were three sea days but only two chic nights. We had anticipated a third on the penultimate night (Thursday) as there was a sea day Friday but there was not.

However the lobster was served on Thursday night (day 11). I did not choose it but it appeared small. The lady sat opposite us had the lobster which she followed up with the beef wellington and two desserts!

Generally the food was great.

If you leave booking Eden until on the cruise and all the meals visible you maybe sorry as there maybe no availability. The food in Eden was outstanding. 

Yes, thank you ... I love the 4 MDRs and the variety and therefore I am thinking of only doing ONE specialty restaurant... the consensus from another thread is - that Eden is that ONE.  

Maybe I should book Eden on 2 nights and then cancel one, once I have the menu availability?  Cancelling is free of charge and it's a good way to hedge your bets?